Kyle Allen today

Hit a nice TD pass against the Cowboys in the first half!

6 Likes

Why did you post that? Is he introduced as an Aggie?

Spent as much time here as he did there and graduated from UH.

12 Likes

And some want to say CMA is a better coach than Dana. He couldn’t figure out how to use NFL starter talent

7 Likes

Dang man some of y’all need to lay off the Coog purity. If they graduate or even play here 3 years without graduating or anything similar they’re Coogs.

8 Likes

According to ESPN.com he’s from Houston

11 Likes

I think it’s fair to call him a Coog.

As such, we should celebrate his NFL achievements.

Currently, he’s UH’s only NFL starting QB.

12 Likes

100% correct.

1 Like

In late game banter about his development, they did say he was an undrafted free agent out of Houston, no mention of aTm

5 Likes

If Allen was playing on a CDH team he would be lights out. He was like a thoroughbred hitched to a plow under CMA.

16 Likes

Allen played solid, playing a high school quality defense helped him. Don’t like how people are just writing him off as a short term starter until Haskins develops. What if Allen develops??

Anyway, you have to cheer for Allen because he was just another guy who got lied to over and over by Herman and Applewhite. Applewhite didn’t even try to set up an offense for him.

8 Likes

The NFL and sport broadcasters will always recognize the player’s last school as the school that he is a product of. Charles Sims played 3 years for us, but West Virginia is the school that gets the credit even though he only played one year there.

3 Likes

Just as DKing will recognize Miami.

4 Likes

DKing is still a Coog lmao he got his degree here…

1 Like

Don’t know what I was thinking guys. He is a fine quarterback and like Red said he would have been a stud under coach.
I admire the way Allen handled his senior year with total class and is a UH grad!

12 Likes

Ron Rivera thinks the world of him and had him traded to the Washington football team. This is a great opportunity for him.

2 Likes

They’re either stoned or drunk

1 Like

Reality is that Apple Boy has never been a real coach…only a pretender.

3 Likes

Ehh . . . that’s kind of looking at it through scarlet-colored glasses. Applewhite wanted to run the offense that he ran as OC when Herman was here, more the power spread option as opposed to the the RPO that Dana likes. Postma was just a better fit for that. Actually King was the best, but he wasn’t ready to go until late in '17. In '18, he was #7 in passing efficiency and also total offense. Fast forward to '19. We have an all-conference QB who is ineffective under Dana, who also changed the offense. King’s now a Heisman contender at Miami. But he just wasn’t a good fit here just as Allen, unfortunately, didn’t fit well with what we were doing in '17. One could argue that Applewhite should have hired an air raid guy as OC, but I think he had seen the success with Ward and wanted to continue in that direction. I remember everyone saying Bryson Smith would be the next Ward. .

4 Likes

Who would be saying that? As a person, I liked Applewhite; but come on, compared to Dana as a coach, get real.

1 Like