Last 3 Seasons

I was thinking earlier in the week about the basketball run over the past three seasons and finally looked up the numbers through Saturday’s Wichita State road win to go to 4-1 in AAC play.

69 -13 Regular Season Overall
34 - 7 AAC Reg Season
4 - 2 AAC Tournament (losses to Cincinnati in the Sunday final the last two seasons)
3 - 2 NCAA Tournament (1-pt miracle loss to #3 seed and close 4-pt loss to #2 seed)

After the 1-pt NIT loss at TSU, I was optimistic about the potential but this run has been better than I expected. Hope the casual college basketball fan in Houston appreciates what is happening over at UH.

13 Likes

Great post!

1 Like

I think this run has probably helped the AAC perception more than anything else. Since Memphis was down, SMU on probation and Cincy never wins in the tournament.

man, UH basketball is getting consistent last few season. Hopefully we are going to dance every year. I still remember how empty the arena was back in 2014. My friend and I sat super close to the court lol. this basketball wave is the real deal. New court, new facility, and we are wearing jordan gears!

a common factor across all three seasons was #25. I had thought, prior to this season, that the kind of ability of Galen Robinson Jr. to translate onto the floor the vision of Coach Sampson was rare. However, while I take a backseat to no one in admiration for the elite level of play of #25, I, with each passing game, find myself once again startled at how effectively this team executes the principles I hear Coach Sampson preaching. I am started in part because this team is so very young.

2 Likes

One thing that has remained is Cincy never wins in the Tournament. :grin::grinning:

1 Like