Last chance to see the Coogs this year. These are two tough but winnable matches and it would be nice to see the Coogs play well this weekend.
• The Pirates enter Friday with a 10-6 conference record and 19-10 overall mark.
• ECU ranks third in The American in hitting percentage (.236) and fourth in both kills (13.30) and assists per set (12.37).
• Senior Natalie Montini ranks third in the league in hitting percentage (.349), while sophomore Brandee Markwith ranks fourth in digs per set (5.14). Freshman Shelby Martin ranks sixth and leads all freshmen in assists per set (9.67). Markwith also leads the team in service aces per set (0.23). Senior Lael Ceriani leads the squad in kills per set (3.18), while sophomore Toya Osuegbu holds the top mark in blocks per set (1.10).
• Houston fell 3-1 at ECU on Oct. 15.
• The Pirates are in their fifth season under Head Coach Julie Torbett.
• ECU was picked 11th in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
• The Bearcats, who visit Tulane on Friday, are 9-7 in league play and 11-17 overall on the season.
• Cincinnati ranks fourth in The American in blocker per set (2.27).
• Junior Carly Nolan leads the league and ranks 31st in the country in kills per set (4.12).
Junior Jasmine Jones ranks fourth in the league in blocks per set (1.15), while Jade Tinglehoff ranks fifth in assists per set (9.77). Jones leads the team in hitting percentage (.273), while Nolan holds the top mark in service aces per set (0.23). Junior Abby Williams leads the squad in digs per set (3.78).
• Houston fell 3-1 at Cincinnati on Oct. 13.
• Head Coach Molly Alvey is in her sixth year at the helm of the Bearcats. Alvey posted a 38-24 record as the head coach at Houston from 2010-11 prior to taking over at Cincinnati.
• The Bearcats were tabbed second in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll, receiving five first-place votes.