Levine and Applewhite have outperformed Holgerson so far

Before last year the complete rebuild started, we are still in it. This team is much better than last season and I expect next season to be better than this one. We still have a chance for a good, maybe even great season.

8 Likes

Under the circumstances covering the past 5 seasons,(Whoreman leaving and taking recruits with him, Apple’s poor recruiting and game planning and empty cupboard), I cannot understand why I am seeing so much hair on fire . . . …

8 Likes

Most of the current starters are Applewhite’s players

1 Like

2nd game in Covid Era guys. Upset as well but we will be OK. At least the is coog football to discuss.

6 Likes

Where do you think Applewhite would be last year or this year. Really? I was beginning to be a downward spiral. This year will be better than last, next will be better.

4 Likes

Army 70
UH 14

1 Like

Apple Boy did not have any players !!

1 Like

That’s being nice

Tune, Turner, Stuard, most of the oline, Trahan, Bradley and Witherspoon to name a few are all Applewhite recruits

3 Likes

That’s only because he had tune up games against teams like Rice, UTSA, and TSU plus ECU, USF, and Temple for AAC games. But then he had us on a downdward cycle that requires rebuilding by CDH.

2 Likes

Some of you guys need to step away from the ledge

2 Likes

I have worked very hard to delete that score from my memory. Please don’t remind me.

This is the dumbest thread.

I also don’t understand the Holgerson hate either. I guess I get it if you are a petty big 12 or wv fan.

We have a good team and that defense has been pretty impressive so far. The offense still needs to learn how to gel.

Applewhite was one of the worst coaches I have seen. The defenses were so soft even with a 5 star DT. For someone who we got to recruit, his classes were, meh. He destroyed our depth and roster management. He wasted Tune’s redshirt instead of playing a Dormady to save his redshirt year? Dormady then transfers. What a waste of Ed Oliver and all our NFL talent on those squads.

9 Likes

You just don’t get it … and never will.

The football athletes never believed in Apple Boy. He lost them the first year.

He should never have been hired. I understand that when he was hired, there was a collective GROAN from the athletes !!! I heard it !!

2 Likes

Can we get a coach with some personality and love for his players man for me it would be hard to play for Dana he has the personality of a rock he’s not a very positive guy

1 Like

Run defense is but we gave up 400 yards passing.

How do you know and what makes you think so? Dana is passionate and wants the best for his team.
Have you ever seen Saban coach? Some coaches express themselves more than others. I have no issues with it. You assume he does not appreciate his players? Just watch the Tulane locker room post game.

5 Likes

sarcasm

If it is apologies. I am tired of reading that our coach is a hot head and basically useless.

2 Likes

Agreed. After a while, it is not sarcasm.

1 Like