Lindy on 790 this morning

I just think how would I feel if Houston had gone undefeated, was the only undefeated team in the country, and beat a team that had scored victories over the two finalists of the ESPN invitational tournament. I’ll tell you right now, we better sure as hell be hanging a banner as well.

1 Like

If the blue bloods of CFB are always the best then they should not mind an all-inclusive 10 conference champions playoff system.
The issue become when they are not the best. Times do change.

How about debating which season we had that was better than 13 wins, including a conference championship, several top 25 wins, a top 10 win, a NY6 win and no losses? Make sure to not look like you are drinking crimson and white kool-aid when you do.

Probably being a homer and drinking scarlet red and albino white Kool-aid, but I think 2015’s team was just as impressive as UCF’s 2017 team. If the UConn loss didn’t happen it would be undisputed. And hypothetically, had the coach not lost interest and UH finished the job in 2016, its accomplishments would have blown this UCF team out of the water.

The undefeated record is special but also a little artificial when UCF’s biggest win was its bowl game and conference championship wins. They were challenged against USF, but their schedule still begs the question – who did they play? The Knights’ non-conference slate of FIU, Maryland and Austin Peay was an utter joke. At least the Cougars beat what turned into a good Louisville team and scalped an SEC school to help build its resume.

After a great season, UCF should be proud that it has plenty to hang their hat on, but needs to settle down a little bit. I’m not about to start campaigning for a school that isn’t mine though, whether it’s in our conference or not. I hope UH’s interests are looking out for itself and not being a cheerleader for some other school. That’s going to be my plan at least.

1 Like

If we had a 16 team playoff, this thread would not exist.

Top 10 - In
All 10 Conference title winners - In

2 Likes