Little game to see who is good at math

[
'THE BATTLE OF ENGLISH AND MATHEMATICS.
QUESTION: 1 rabbit saw 6 elephants while going to the river. Every elephant saw 2 monkeys going towards the river. Every monkey holds 1 parrot in their hands. How many Animals are going towards the river???

5??

2 Likes

Did every elephant see the same 2 monkeys?

1 Like

Unknown, there could have been countless animals going to the river that he didn’t see.

1 Like

rabbit and two monkeys
5 if you count the parrots but they are being carried not going on their own.

Sorry Delmar, but your question can easily lead to multiple answers. There are plenty of holes in the English and requires assumptions to complete the exercise.

1. Did the 1 rabbit see all the elephants?
  2. Did every elephant see the same two monkeys, or did they see different monkeys? Or some other combination?

Based upon the answer to these questions or the assumptions formed will have different answers.

Assume

1. 1 rabbit saw all the elephants.
  2. Every elephant saw the same 2 monkeys
    Answer: 10

Assume:

1. 1 rabbit saw all the elephants going towards the river
  2. Every elephant saw 2 different monkeys
    Answer: 28

Answer is 5.
Snow you making things way to complex. Just run off right tackle n get 1st down on 3rd and 1!
:smile::smiley::grin:

1 Like

No matter they are going.

deleted by author

Huhhhhh?

Yea, you are right. But it isn’t a math problem, its a reading comprehension one. It is about as simple as that. The key word is “while”.

1 Like

Deleted by author

never made it to Publishing.

I re-read the question.
I was wrong.

I know I was kidding with ya. Nobody is wrong with these silly little exercises. Like some say it’s how you interpret the OP

1 Like

On another note it appears The Satellite reception on Coronavirus topic has gone out due to Political storms in the area! :grin::smiley:

Yep! I loved that thread and enjoyed it. Learned a lot in there for many posters posted excellent content. I didn’t notice the political BS as much yesterday and believed we had many worse days on that front, but it has been going on for weeks and possibly the mods just got tired of having their time consumed with deleting posts that were flagged.

I don’t understand with stated and clear cut rules why some are adamant about making political statements. I know there is a gray area since our governments at all levels are calling so much of the shots with this two headed crisis, but control yourselves.

1 Like

Agree. Something very difficult to control. End result posters get over zealous to defend theirs points of views and go over the line of what can be accepted. I think i did 1 post in there, actually maybe Zero n I’m actually surprised the Thread lasted as long as it did. Oh well!!

So why were elephants chosen as the topic in the math game?

I kid. I kid.

1 Like

hehe!