Look at the bright side

Until you realize it we will be another year removed and more of our talented players will have graduated. It seems like ages ago now when we had a secondary capable of stopping good offenses and causing turnovers week after week.

On offense the only skill player who has been effective returning is King and does he stay at WR or move to QB. I don’t really trust the head coach to make the right decision and I don’t really know what it is either because we have never seen King at QB.

UH has been middle of the pack or worse in the AAC recruiting rankings the past 4 years other than 2016 and very few of them have made an impact so far. Its still early for them but with the current class currently ranked 5 it doesn’t give me a lot of hope going forward. We may just have to wait till 3 seasons are done to blow out this regime and start over again.

And that makes me ill.

Is this a joke? Arky is going to pay a $15M buyout to hire an 18-15 coach?

Completely agree. We’ve all seen this movie before. No need to drag it out. Make the change in December. It’s more humane for all involved.

According to Bielma’s contract if he’s fired in December he is to paid $158,763 for every month in the remainder of his contract and that is $5,874,231. If he’s fired in January 1, 2018 He is to be paid $120,619 for every month remaining in his contract and that is $4,342,284. Not the $15.4 million everyone likes to throw out there.

I’d be okay if this bunch left, really.

So the bright side is we throw this whole season away? Can UH afford that?

With the tens of thousands of seats that will go unbought… nope.

The only bright side I see now is that the AAC is the only G5 conference with a team ranked in the top 25. Not only that, the AAC has 3 teams ranked in the top 25 and is looking at the G5 NY6 game. That is good for the conference and good for UH; a rising tide lifts all boats.

3 Likes

I keep looking for that “bright side”; hard to find!

1 Like

Just need to boost the OL and get a decent OC, and allow Bryson Smith or Deriq King to be dynamic.

That should be a good start on getting back to 10 wins next year.