Look what blew Into our locker room today

Haven’t seen anything about King, Tune, or Smith moving to safety so we should be good.

5 Likes

I’ve never had a huge issue with Mack. I’ve met him a few times, and he always seemed like an ok guy. He is a horn so that is a major black mark next to his name, but on the whole if he was from anywhere else Is say he was a good guy. Maybe not the greatest coach ever, but a decent guy overall. And his unforced praise of our program has helped him in my book as well.

OL too.

I wonder how Tommy felt about Mack coming to visit UH lol.

I did not know he had feelings. Rather unique for a person with his disorders.

1 Like
1 Like

This probably happened because of a friendship with CMA, but it cannot hurt. Those ties could lead to us ending up coupled with UT in a move to the Pac12. That would be logical except that they
act like such turds.

Ain’t gonna happen !!

Besides even if it could happen is a parallel universe, we would be in a conference with ut !!

1 Like

A seat at the table with Texas is better than being out in the cold forever. Isn’t it? Not saying it’s ideal, by any stretch. But we are going to have take what comes or not get anything.

2 Likes

Not sure…but it is hypothetical anyways !!

Agree. I don’t care who ends up in our next conference as long as we have a fair shot at whatever passes as a national championship.

One thing at a time. From what everyone has seen so far the only place you have a fair shot is the SEC. Everyone else is just waiting for an invite.

F Mack Brown. When Applewhite wanted to take a knee during the end of the Bleachergate game, Mack said no and run it in on the Coogs. Arsehole

2 Likes

Don’t think applewhite played in that game.
Now I will go look.

“Applewhite was the backup for Simms for the entirety of the 2001 regular season”, guess he could have been in late in the game.

Of note, UH put up the most points against them during the regular season.

To be sure, much has to change before everyone has a fair shot.

Well that would be two ex coaches with a bad history of evaluating QBs to visit in the past 5 days. Who’s next, Bill O’Brien?

1 Like

Put yourself in Brown’s shoes prior to UT. Say you weren’t connected to UH, were coaching at UNC and UT, the wealthiest program in America, in the most fertile recruiting area in America came for him with boatloads of money; can you honestly say you would not have taken it? Its a business and in the business of college football, an unbiased judgement would say it was the best career move for him. As a person, he is OK.

I have several friends who are whorns and are still very good people. Yeah, I know. It is hard to believe.

1 Like

To me, it has never been about the people or the University…It is about the way their Athletic Department is allowed to dictate everything in every conference they have been in. I know that there are people involved, but I mean in general !!!

They have the most money and use it to get their way (in most cases). AND you better believe that they used PUF money to their advantage way back when. I think that rule applying to state funded institutions only came about in the '70’s as I recall.

They are not and never have been concerned about any conference mates…only about themselves…>PERIOD…

Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and while it took them longer…a$m finally figured it out !!!

I still bristle at the fact that we let them practice in our IPF for their bowl game !!!

Off soap box !!

4 Likes

Did I say he wasn’t a good person?

I despise them as much as anybody, and say what you want about Mack Brown, the Whorns in general or their atheletic department in specifics, the message delivered in this video cannot be anything but helpful to our football team. I hope they took it to heart.

4 Likes