Losing TOP to TT?

In the first 20 minutes of the game Tech had the ball for 15 minutes.
Our D missed tons of tackes in the 2nd Half because they were gassed.
At one time in the first half Tech had run 35 plays to Coogs 17.

Air Raid offenses are not known for their TOP. But we had waaaaaay too many early 4 and 5 play drives. Yet the D performed well.

The only notable exception was on TTs TD pass. We were not even lined up and players were still looking to the sideline for a play call.

1 Like

Losing the turnover battle 5-1 helps explain some of that

4 Likes

True…but we are supposed to have a ball control offense. We did not control it.

Good a thread as any to post the stats:

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/911684049709801472

1 Like

Tech fans were upset the way they were calling plays, but I think Kingsbury just outcoached Applewhite. I think he wanted to wear out our defense and really wasn’t that scared of our offense.

Well in this game, we gave away 13 points with turnovers and it would have been more if TT hadn’t missed 2 FGs. If we just take care of the ball game could have turned out differently.

Honestly both teams could argue your last sentence. It could have been much worse if TTU had some things go their way. They didn’t play a perfect game by any stretch either.

TT did not play that well either.
We were so bogged down with our O it stressed out our D.

I’m not sure how much more things could have gone their way. They didn’t really have to defend an offense until the last 7 1/2 minutes of the game. CMA makes it sound like TT’s prevent defense is the reason KP was successful. I agree it helped the offense score more quickly, but KP deserved some credit and MA gave him zero.

Especially when the red zone offense has struggled and Allen threw a pick earlier in a similar situation. Not even looking at the prevent defense, he performed better when they were trying to stop a score.

Dropped TD pass. Dropped INT late. Missed FG after long run.

Come on guys. Take off the blinders.

I guess I shouldn’t have left after TTU’s last TD so i could have seen the rest of their missed opportunities and their prevent defense generously give up 2 TDs. I guess they were feeling sorry for us. There is no consolation in thinking “Whew, it could’ve been a lot worse!”

You really don’t see how there were opportunities for both teams that didn’t work out? That’s football.

They weren’t feeling sorry, they were playing a specific strategy. One that worked Saturday. We have work to do.

Ok so no more sarcasm for you, Shasta. Just plain vanilla, like our offense. Oops, there I go again!

Ahhhhh.
My bad. I apologize, sarcasm detector wasn’t on.