Major Applewhite is the only coach in Texas

To have two wins over teams that are currently in the Coaches Poll top 25. He almost had a third in Memphis.

Texas has a win over Iowa State and TCU has a win over Okie State.

Maybe Major doesn’t suck after all.

6 Likes

Will usf end the season ranked?

Well they’re no longer ranked. They have to beat UCF I think.

Arizona and USF are both ranked in Coach’s Poll.

If you take a serious look at USF’s schedule to date, they were overrated…yes being undefeated counts, but their best win was over Illinois at home (BFD) !

Still, a great win on the road for a Cougar team that needed it. And it was nice to see some of the young guys shine and show what they have. King and Car were players last year (even as Freshmen), but Herman held them back.

I liked how Godfrey and Anenih(sp) played…

I’m not sure why you’re replying to me but ok.

Eric I am not sure I am following what you are saying.

If USF is to be ranked again, I’d think they have to win out and defeat UCF.

Currently ranked. Major is the only coach in Texas with wins over two teams currently ranked. I haven’t looked but he may be the only coach in the nation to have two wins over two teams currently ranked. Just eyeballing the list I don’t know who else has two.

Edit: Auburn and Iowa State have two.

USF isn’t ranked.

I also think we’re talking about different things.

That is the AP poll. In the Coach’s poll both are ranked.

1 Like

USF is 25th in the coaches poll and 26th in the AP. I’m sure they will be ranked if they win the next two weeks but I have a hard time believing they will beat UCF at UCF. UCF seems to be a more polished team. So by the end of the season, I don’t see USF being ranked but they will still be receiving votes.

Even if Arizona and USF don’t finished ranked, if we finish the regular season 8-3, it will be safe to say, we will have a more positive outlook going ahead than we did at the end of 2012 or 2013. Let me repeat, IF we win the next 3.

2 Likes

I see, thanks. I usually don’t pay attention to the coaches poll since it never officially ranks a team.