Malik Hornsby, Fort Bend Marshall , Dual-Threat Quarterback

We made his final 8 list.

https://247sports.com/player/malik-hornsby-46037405/

4 Likes

Probably could start as a true freshman because UH will be extremely THIN & UNPROVEN at qb next year!

1 Like

Sounds like a great get. Hope he gives us his full attention.

Great kid. Took Marshall to the state title game this year. His RB Devon Achane is a top 100 national guy too. We should be recruiting with track as a bonus. Both will be multiple time state track champions.

1 Like

Of course Kendal Briles and FSU are recruiting him too.

9 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Hornsby would be another program changing get! C’mon CDH!!!

4 Likes

This article goes a little more in depth, but for the TLDR crowd, prognosticators are leaning FSU. However, I’m not sure why any recruit would want to jump into that blazing dumpster fire.

Hornsby is looking at a lot of programs - and new ones are coming in often - but he definitely wants to be recruited as a quarterback and not an athlete.

That leaves Florida State and Houston as two programs that definitely could make a run at Hornsby, who is expected to visit Tallahassee later this fall.

But Houston is intriguing as well, especially since the Cougars have done so well with quarterbacks and coach Dana Holgorsen runs a pass-friendly program.

This would be a huge pickup.
No idea if it matters but FSU already has a verbal from Jeff Sims-#8 Pro style QB w LSU, Georgia, Penn State, etc offers.

Which coach’s QBs have staying power in the NFL?

1 Like

Here’s another one, which school will have the same OC by the time he is ready to sign? I wonder if they are leaning FSU because, you know, “Power Five”. If we are truly in the final 2, then we certainly have a real shot.

If we land Hornsby, could we make a legitimate late run at Achane? :thinking:

One of the “prognosticators” did kind of harp on FSU “still being a national name.”

Specifically, this is what he said:

“Florida State is still a national name. I know it’s a mess there right now and maybe Willie Taggart is on the hot seat, but he has that buyout so he’s not going anywhere soon. Florida State still has the name recognition to pull a quarterback like that.

“Houston is interesting because their last couple quarterbacks have been stat-stuffers and put up big numbers, but that hasn’t translated to the NFL. If Hornsby had to choose between the two of them, he would probably pick Florida State.”

1 Like

Damn… He has already decommitted from A&M & North Carolina… And then follows up by telling schools that he’s looking on where he will give his next pledge at :flushed: … Signed me in.

1 Like

If we can sign Hornsby and Achane, the offense will be lethal for years!

Especially when Taggert gets fired and the new guy dumps Baby Briles.

Well, Hornsby is much more of a typical size NFL QB than either King, who reminds me a lot of Brees except better at running, or Ward, who didn’t have an NFL arm anyway. Meanwhile we need to represent tomorrow so we aren’t thrown into the dumpster fire category too.

He has never been committed to A&M

Hmm. Have FSU QBs translated to the NFL? Are teams out searching for the next Jameis? I don’t really follow NFL though. Maybe someone I’m forgetting.

@Joprior23

1. Year. Starter.
1 Like