Malik Hornsby, Fort Bend Marshall , Dual-Threat Quarterback

He’s correct rivals got it wrong. He was never committed to aggy.

Nah, y’all both wrong, he committed for a minute during Sept. 2018 probably on a visit to campus.

1 Like

Odd he’s not showing up on 247’s decommittment list. I guess their recruiting service is saving face for aggy. I’d imagine they’ll do him like Ceasar and remove a star if he shuts it down and commits to the Coogs.

1 Like

What about Tune?

I’m told the staff loves him.

Tony Levine once asked Terry Donahue what it takes, besides winning, to stay at a place long term. Donahue had about a 20 year run at UCLA.

He said “recruit a stud QB every year. It doesn’t matter who gets upset, who transfers, you must get the best QB you can find every year”.

4 Likes

I won’t be surprised if Tune steps up next year. Hopefully he can red shirt this one. Don’t forget that we have a commit from a QB who transferred from NYC to Katy. It would be great to get Hornsby too.

Let them battle it out and the best will play. This is a good problem to have.

1 Like

Next season Tune and Holgorsen will both have a year in the system and will have upper hand. CDH has said he wants to RS everyone he can and it’s better for the kids to be able to graduate.

Now if a true freshman can show he is better in one camp he would probably start. But it’s taking DK a spring and fall practice and he is still not fully comfortable with the system yet. My best guess is it will be Tune next fall.

It should be Tune, but Hornsby will not sit behind Tune if Clayton red-shirts this year. If Hornsby signs, then Holgorson needs to think twice about putting a RS on Tune, because they will need more separation from each other. I don’t see the number 6 DT QB in the country coming to sit for 2+ years.

1 Like

We should always recruit the best QB we can get each & every year. Let them sort it out on the playing field.

[Reminder: Ohio State needed to play 3 QB’s in order to win their last national championship. A great team needs depth at every position.]

2 Likes

Can we say that baby Holgorsen grew up with the system? Advantage, him.

1 Like

Looking like Baylor in the lead for Malik.
Also:
-They really like Evan Prator who is headed to Cinn.
"Get ready for Cincinnati to become the next Group of Five powerhouse. "
-Chad Morris son to Okie.

FIFY

Not that we would have landed him but we aren’t recruiting him anymore.

Is that like how back in 1997 I stopped trying to date Gwen Stefani?

1 Like

I have seen Hornsby and Massoud play, and Massoud looks to be just as good if not better prospect than Hornsby is…and he’ll prove it on future Saturdays…STOP WHINING, some of you…

5 Likes

I dont get why hed go to OU where Spencer Rattler is ready to take over next year

1 Like

We didn’t want to pay a bunch of people… Not surprised Baylor jumped into the picture, they have no problem throwing around money.

1 Like

Hornsby is just raw. Good arm, great running ability but raw as sushi

1 Like

Speaking of Ft. Bend Marshall, weren’t we in at one time on Devon Archane? I saw in the paper today he’s now an A&M commit. That guy reminds me of Alridge - explosive in every sense of the word.