Marcus Sasser Highlights- The Future

Yeah I do lol

Sasser is so underrated itā€™s crazy. People talking like heā€™s going to get beat out by someone next year. That kid is so competitive and so skilled. Canā€™t wait to see the internal competition this winter.

Sasser is only going to stronger, better and more aggressive. And I canā€™t wait !!!

Heā€™s not getting beat out by anyone. Heā€™s going to be a star.

1 Like

Sasser and Mills complement each other well. If Mills was a little taller and stronger they would be the perfect backcourt.

Sasserā€™s going to be the real deal. @pesik his off the dribble pull up is crazy for a freshman. Whenever he was in rhythm it was going in.

Mills made some shots I donā€™t think we wont fully appreciate until his mix drops.The game winner at home vs UCONN was tough.

Agreed. I think in some ways, theyā€™ll be a similar backcourt to how Corey Davis, Jr. and Rob Gray complemented each other. Their games arenā€™t exactly alike, but I see a lot of Davis in Sasser and a lot of Gray in Mills. My original comment was more to point out that both Sasser and Mills should have the green light to shoot threes, and I expect both to be shooting in the high 30% range next season.

1 Like

By space I mean hard close out. If you close out hard on Mills heā€™s going to blow by you and potentially score. I havenā€™t seen that out of Sasser. And yeah, agreed that you can give Mills more space right now. My thing is I think Mills is going to keep improving as a shooter to where guarding him tight and playing off of him are both bad options.

You and Joprior have a much higher projection for Sasser offensively than I do, even though I think heā€™s a good player. I hope you guys are right though.

Marcus was a true freshman this past season so inconsistency is generally expected and he was inconsistent. I have some numbers.

11 games he made NO three point shots, going 0-30, including the final two games at UConn and Memphis here when he was 0-10 in those two games.

When he made at least 1 3pt shot, he was 43.8%. Against better competition he SOMETIMES shot worse, but then who doesnā€™t? I still think with a year under his belt and some good practice heā€™s a solid 40% sniper.

As for other skills, the defense will come with more coaching. Driving to the hoop? Heck, if heā€™s hitting 40% from the arc, coach probably will bench him if he goes inside!!!

1 Like