Massive brawl breaks out at end of Kansas-Kansas State - ESPN Video

I bet Grimes is happy Kansas had no room for him. Totally classless and undisciplined team.

2 Likes

Hmm

1 Like

I have never, never seen two in-state schools that hate one another more than those two. Remember, about 15 years ago when the students got into a huge riot in Manhattan?

1 Like

When you pull that up, there’s a clip below about a walk-on at WVa hitting a 3 against ut and gets carried off the court on teams shoulders. Cool.

1 Like

We must protect this house!

1 Like

That is all on De Sousa. He needs to sit down for the rest of the season. No place for that kind of behavior. At the end of the clip he is seen picking up a stool and holding it over his head ready to throw before he thought better about it.

1 Like

The stool pick up is a problem, but he thought better and didn’t do anything with it.It just looks really bad.

This was a poor situation all around, but people jumping to be the first to act like this is the worst thing that exist need to chill out. Suspensions need to, and will happen. But this is a teaching moment for 18-22 kids to learn from, not something that needs to be attached to them for an extended period.

Talking heads need to stop treating it like the Malice in the Palace.

2 Likes

No need to steal the ball when KU is trying to kill the clock in a blow out win… This is on the K State player for being a clown.

2 Likes

My thought as well. I don’t recall ever seeing that before. The block and the stare down were justified in my opinion. When I first watched it, I thought Kansas player was being a jerk then I reconsidered. Why steal when the game is over. I get the idea of always playing to the end but come on. Still, Jayhawks should have just walked away when things got bad after the block.

The steal was a bush league act but the proper response would have been to do nothing but maybe point and laugh. No excuse for what De Sousa did.

2 Likes

Coaches take.

If K-State is going to play until the final whistle, then KU should too. Nice steal. Nice block. Stare down gets a T. That should have been the end of it, but young men with competition flowing through their veins got carried away. It happens. No need to clutch pearls.

I feel at a loss. “Clutch pearls” Really? There are some bright lines in conduct and crossing into actual assault and battery and going into the stands would seem, in my very humble opinion, to be one of those that cannot be breached with the invocation of “competitive blood flowing through veins.” But, hey, it is a new age and assigning responsibility for one’s conduct is probably passe.

2 Likes

I love the block, that is what should happen. The stare down is a little extra, but K-State shouldn’t have been babies about it. Give De Sousa a tech, maybe a little shoving and end the game.

Now with what happened after that, De Sousa and the K State player not suited up should both get suspended the rest of the season. #33 for KU probably multiple games and many a few others at least getting a game.

2 Likes

Not in my world. Sounds like KU coach will assign some discipline. Will be interesting to see if the NCAA does anything.

Would discipline come from NCAA or Big 12 after a review of Kansas /Kansas State self imposed discipline?(no pun intended)

Sousa suspended indefinitely so far.

Totally unfair statement.

2 Likes

Watching the whole thing De Sousa had to be suspended for the chair thing. Just like Myles Garrett once you get something to use a weapon you’ve crossed a big line.

That being said, that KSU player deserves the same suspension for escalating leading to the brawl. Just like I believe Mason Rudolph deserved the same suspension that Garrett got for his role in that brawl.

My question is why didn’t the Kansas player just bend over and hug the ball on that last play? Why did he find it okay to try to brush off the defender with his right arm? We are talking about a couple of seconds remaining here…
Regardless of who was right or wrong, there was absolutely no reason for the taunting after the block…should have laughed and walked away…period.
I realize they are so called bitter rivals, but the actions by the Kansas player warranted him being suspended…grabbing the chair in a freaking 21 point blowout was absolutely selfish and dumb. He hurt his team badly…geez…