Massoud is already enrolled early and has a real chance to start this Spring

While in the process of potentially looking for a grad transfer, I think we all could be pleased with what Massoud does. Dana has shown he’s not afraid to play true freshmen. Just have to wait and see how things play out.

6 Likes

By not afraid to play true freshmen I’m sure Dana would say he had no choice but to play true freshmen lol

9 Likes

I wanna see what the kid can do.

2 Likes

I’d much rather lose some games with Massoud (or even Bryson Smith) than lose some games with Tune or Holgerson Jr.

edit: But as long as we are winning and playing good offense, I’m ok with any of those starting.

3 Likes

It sucks though because next year was supposed to be the year. And now they might have to rely on a true freshman.

If Tune is healthy there is no way a freshman starts…more likely to red shirt…

11 Likes

This !

I doubt he plays qb at all. I have read he is being recruited to catch the ball long before he throws it. Bryson smith style.

Massoud? You’re getting bad information if that is what you are hearing.

5 Likes

You need to get some real sources because thats completely false.

2 Likes

I believe it. I read it on the internet. Just two posts above yours, it’s right there in Black and White.

8 Likes

I finally learn to wait for someone else to reply first on bad info. Being I’m in Cypress n follow their H.S Sports closely, I can assure you that he’s coming to UH to be a QB not a receiver. Whether that works out is another question but he Does have a Strong Arm!!

3 Likes

Maybe Dana can redshirt Tune and start the FR QB and we can have the “tanking” discussion again. That would be “fun”

6 Likes

Who’s the first to say “he g…” ahh nevermind! :grin:

2 Likes

I know I’m being negative nelly here but I’m not sold on Tune. Unless he has an epiphany this summer, I feel like we have seen about as much as we will get out of him at this point.

1 Like

Tune out the noise,it will be fine!! :smile:

He would move to the defensive side of the ball if QB didn’t work out. But he’s coming to play QB. He will never be a WR. That was just some bad information.

1 Like

Tune graduates in 2021, right?

Agreed

I think Tune’s level of success next year, assuming he wins the job, is directly tied to the level of improvement in our O-line. If he has time to throw and doesn’t show good improvement in his TD to INT ratio, then I would become a doubter. If he ends up under pressure and scrambling as soon as he gets the ball, like last year, we should be happy if he survives a full season.

8 Likes