Massoud is already enrolled early and has a real chance to start this Spring

Well apparently coach is and to be honest that is all that counts…with King gone Tune is our only option right now…
If you went to the games last year Tune did some really good things…kept us in most games…
You should be worrying if Tune goes down to an injury…because then we will truly be in trouble.
As far as Tune last season, he seemed to force passes at times, normally when we were trailing. But the kid has talent and he will get first shot…

4 Likes

I saw the good things. I just didn’t see a qb with the “it” factor to lead us to another championship. But what other options are there, I guess.

1 Like

Tune looked nervous at times but at other times he looked confident…I think he will be just fine…

Good Tune-up over Spring ball n he should be fine! Ok I’ll stop😁

2 Likes

Talk about some pathetic posts. You have to wonder a bit about racism behind some of these posts.

I think that Tune will start and could very well become an All AAC 1st team QB this year.

3 Likes

I agree with you about the subtle racism. Fi3nny how people give Tune and a lesser extent Holgerson Jr. a pass but if King or Ward would have had Holgerson’s or Tune’s lack of production they would have been clamoring for a switch to receiver.

Hell, despite Ward’s productive 2014 season, people on here who I could call out by name were still clamoring for Ward to switch to receiver and that O’Korn, Adam Schulz (who people claimed didnt transfer to UH to sit on the bench), the JUCO transfer Anderson that couldn’t make it at the last minute or whichever 6’4 white guy some of these posters salivate over was gonna take the job from Ward.

1 Like

WTF?

4 Likes

This would be the best case scenario for us and it’s happening more these days. We’ve been torched by AAC true freshmen QB a few times the last few years
It’s not preposterous Massoud is a valued recruit. That being said CDH recent QB success has come through older transfers.

I’m not totally following. Are you saying that people are dogging Tune because he’s white?

1 Like

Thread turning dark in 3…2…1…

8 Likes

Same. Not following the interpretation.

4 Likes

We keep it pretty orderly on here…minus the snark. But sometimes people get crazy with their accusations.

1 Like

Back in the '70s LSU had this guy that as a soph looked only OK, but nothing to write home about. He progressively got beeter and ended up having a really good career for the Baltimore Colts. His name was Bert Jones, aka The Rustin Rifle.

1 Like

When is the Red and White game?

RedDragon, I don’t remember anyone wanting to replace Ward with anyone. I do remember people saying that his only hope of playing in NFL would be at WR – which was and is a fact (see Philly Eagles).

People were all sold on King until he went 1-3 this past season only leading us to a 37-17 win over PVAM. We have had tons of black QB’s at UH and we always pull for whomever plays the best for us and I trust the coaching staff to know better than anyone on the boards.

Frankly, I am tired of someone always having to throw out the race card and trying to stir up division.

8 Likes

I recall some people thinking Schulz should have started over Ward! No matter what, some people have their favorites and always pull for them even when we have great players starting and winning.

1 Like

Massoud makes furniture here in Dallas.

Almost exclusively UH hotshot QBs come out of the blue. Andre was a name among many when he came to campus. Dacus was a Juco I think. Don’t recall Klingler’s pedigree. Keenum…2-Star. Ward was an undersized athlete. King was projected as a possible back up or receiver. A lot of people poo-poo’d him. Kolb might be the rare exception. We will find our guy…and maybe who we don’t expect.

2 Likes

No need to waste another year on the middle of the nothing bowl. Start Massoud and let him eat it in the field, and when he starts to struggle bring inn Tune. We’re on the edge of Bankruptcy in a lot of ways with this program. We’re not seeing any good results is almost 4 years and the long term vision needs to set a hold on many of us.

2 Likes

Tune will have a break out year along with a stellar D, we will be fine, maybe another NY6. Massoud may get in 4 games, but will probably RS. To judge Tune on the past two seasons, with Applewhite and King tragedies, none of it CDH fault, is not fair football. Look at those that judged Joe Borrow, a 2* that could not make it at OSU.