Massoud Thread

Keemun threw wably duck balls for 2 yrs then he really excelled after that and his extra yr here was huge. I recall he couldn’t hit that down field we going down the side lines. He then improved his game and was great. Tune can already make the the throws but is less mobile less quick release.

First he needs to move ahead of the coaches’ son for 2nd on the depth chart. Not happening

2 Likes

I don’t understand why not giving him some playing time this yr since it’s a free yr.

I assume Logan knows the offense better and he’s relieved Tune. I wish we had a blowout win where we could get reps from backups.

1 Like

Case and Ward had that “it” factor. Nobody can describe it but we all know… many of us know… (because I still remember some of you taints pining for O’Korn over Ward) what it is. I dont think Tune has it. He’s capable and steady but so was Jason McKinley. Love em both but we can’t afford to flub at this point in time.

4 Likes

HABIBIS FOR MASSOUD

2 Likes

All K and W quarterbacks had that it factor

That’s just coincidence. We really should not believe in that silliness. Barrick Nealy also had the “it” factor remember?

1 Like

And Terrence Broadway, who left us and became the Louisiana Lafayette Rajun Cajuns legend…after he told Kevin Sumlin, “The truth will come out”…Well the truth did come out, we hired a jerk coach in Sumlin!!!

5 Likes

He ended up in the National Championship game at SW Texas so yeah, he had it.

4 Likes

You could very well be correct, after all, you are known as the great Coach V on Coogfan, and I do mean great :+1:!

Playing time was a factor though.

Source: He worked as a dorm staff and coached at my high school. He’s coaching under Dimel now!

Coaching change and Briles came in with Kevin.

1 Like

Wow, how bad is their football history? I thought Broadway didn’t even make all-conference while there. I do agree Sumlin is a jerk.

3 Likes

I want to see Massoud, too! The quicker he plays, the quicker he learns, develops and improves, and this is a free year. Troubling that Massoud never gets snaps at all.

2 Likes

I think Broadway played in and won 3 bowl games for them. He did well at UL.

3 Likes

Are you saying Broadway should have started instead of Case? That’s nuts.

Over Piland. Yes Broadway had the it factor but he talked back to Sumlin and we never saw him again.

5 Likes

Not what I said, Mike. If you think that is what I said, that is nuts?! I did say he went on to star for Lafayette and the kid said, the truth will come out, which it did. Sumlin was a jerk of a coach, and we ALL can agree on that. Why would I put anyone over Case Keenum??? I was on his bandwagon from his first cougar snap, while Briles was still here. I wanted Case to start over Blake Joseph and thankfully, that is how it worked out!

3 Likes

OK, I guess I didn’t understand what you said because Broadway was here in 2011.

1 Like