Master of Athletic Training

You will make more $ as a manager at Buccees

In Bucees defense, they pay well. But they also have an interesting deferred signing bonus that goes the extent of the contract. Sign a 3 year management contract, 60k sign on bonus paid in 72 installments along with your 49-60k base salary. If you quit or get fired for cause you pay it back. Keeps turnover low.

I don’t know about Buccees managers, but they make really good fudge! We can’t pass a Buccees when I’m on a trip. I often go out to the one in Katy just for fudge and its only a few miles from my house. Now how is a guy supposed to lose weight with a Buccees nearby?

I stop for gas at the Waller Buccee’s simply because their gas prices can’t be beaten…and…of course…sometimes I treat myself as well!

I’m really surprised they can get away with the deferrred signing bonus clawback.

There was a big stink about it from a former manager that said it was not fair after she quit. But apparently they make you basically rewrite the contract in your own handwriting, in blood.

Looks like a former manager fought it and won.

I had not seen that outcome. I have chatted with the manager near my location and it is still part of it. He has been in their management team since he was laid off in his oil pipe sales management job in 2008ish. He says it is still there and makes you think twice before looking elsewhere, but he also said his pay might not be as much as it was with NOV, but his benefits are better. It is a fricking gas station!!!

It’s probably still going through the appeals process.

Red80, if you want the best fudge around you should look up Big Little Fudge Company in Montgomery, TX. Their website is https://biglittlefudge.com/

I know the owners and did some consulting work for them in the past. Great product.

I get the best fudge at Christmas when my wife makes her world’s best fudge (according to my taste buds). She won’t make it more often because she thinks I can’t control myself and eat too much and worries I will have health problems due to past heart attacks and type 2 diabetes. She may be right, but I tell her anyone can watch what they eat; it takes a man to stand up to a heart attack.

4 Likes

Take care of yourself Red, we need all the loyal Cougars we can get !!!
As an aside, I ate the best brisket/egg taco that I have ever eaten at the Buckees east of Beaumont on I-10…

1 Like