Maybe Orlando wasn't that great here

There’s the story from a pretty reliable source that he had spent the week in Austin being wined and dined by boosters.

2 Likes

I visit Levine’s Chic-fil-A on weekends. I’ve seen him working behind the counter frequently.

As for our DC, nobody was clamoring to hire him when he was out of the game for a year. He’s Jaime Bryant 2.0.

Same goes for Major Applewhite when Herman hired him.

A key component of Tony’s decision was the fact that his wife Erin had breast cancer and coming back to Houston provided an opportunity to have a more stable home life where he could take on more of the responsibilities she normally handled.

Tony Levine is a very fine and decent human being and a good husband and father; that is far more important than how he did as a head coach. His coaching career may have been brighter had he stayed as a position coach and special teams coordinator.

9 Likes

his point exactly.

His point was that Tom was just as bad at putting together a staff as Major? You don’t get to agree with that. You already made a point that someone doesn’t have to have experience to be the best candidate, so the same would be about being currently employed. I don’t expect you to follow this logic though, so not looking forward to your next rubix cube level reply.

1 Like

Curious if this line of comments is in response to my suggestion of hiring him as a recruiting coordinator/talent evaluator, not a full time coach.

Not sure why you quoted that part for your reply. It was an inside joke for Breaking Bad fans. Idance was the one wondering if he was available and the rest of my convo was just a casual convo with rtcoog if it was feasible for him to be a store owner and our special teams coach if that was what he wanted.

That started a discussion that included hiring him to handle our special teams.

I’m watching Temple’s defense, that gave up 36 points to Buffalo, only give up 61 yards and 0 points to Maryland in the first half and chuckling at the thought Orlando is some kind of defensive guru.

1 Like

I just saw score 28-7 Temple over Maryland and thought wow Temple has been horrible losing to Villanova and Buffalo…and Maryland best Texas…you just can’t tell whose gonna show up each week…
Regarding CTO…he’s a good DC…you have to go by overall body of work…most have some bad games mixed in…unless your Bama and your 33 players deep. UT’s Offense was their problem in 2017. And when your offense sucks it effects your D as well.

1 Like

Coaches come and go up at the 40 acres. The results stay the same.

Then we missed a ton of jams after the first quarter because the CBS were giving Vasher free release off the line on the short post. Hard to defend that timing route. If we did defend it we got a PI.

GW is right there were several questionable PIs that made our guys even more tentative. I saw Watkins get called for one then hesitate on the next play when he was in good position and got burned for it.