McCaskill

Michael Hayes against UCLA in our season opener back in 2011 was the second greatest run I’ve seen in person.
Michael Hayes vs UCLA

10 Likes

That one was incredible. Nothing gets the team and crowd fired up better than a play like that.

1 Like

Hayes did a flip/ cartwheel then kept his feet and made it to the end zone

Completely forgot how miserable the weather was because of what happened on the field. That was a fun squad.

12 Likes

I have not forgotten. I almost left because it was so miserable but the weather melted away as we came back.

1 Like

I either completely forgot or never picked up on the double-fake on the 2nd onside kick. What a thing of beauty.

We need a “ Thunder and Lightning” set of RB’s.

Jackson and Farrow were recent examples.

Our first Cotton Bowl team had such a pair…Blackwell and Thomas.

A 2 RB set might do wonders for our running game, And, yes, Tune could run Option plays out of that set.

1 Like

And he is only 210 lbs and a freshman

1 Like

I follow Jackie on Instagram. He’s a great family person and father. Nice to see him enjoying his life with his beautiful family. He was always a nice guy at UH…and smart as Hell.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Yes. My fiance and I were at the gate and almost left. Weather was also terrible!!

1 Like

With the improvements on the defensive side of the ball and the improvements on offense we saw during the rice game, maybe things are starting to turn around.

1 Like

Ketrick Sanford/Antoine Smith is a much better example of thunder and lightning in our post R&S days.

4 Likes

We’ve had many great comeback wins, but the fact the Pittburgh game was a bowl game, and televised, made it special.

2 Likes

Not really going out on a limb! Now if you said McCaskill was going to be equal to P.Gipson, R. Newhouse or even D. Post, then your out on a limb!

1 Like

Or even Randy Love and Emmett King, both rushing for over 1,000 yards in 1978.

2 Likes

Since R&S with C.Spoon

1. Antoine Smith
    2 Lamar Smith
    3 Anthony Alridge
    4 Ketrick Samford
    5 Jackie Battle
    6 Joffrey Reynolds
    7 Michael Hayes
    8 Kenneth Farrow
    9 Kyle Porter
1 Like

Is it just me or is Carr running more hesitant this year? Reminds me of Eddie George toward the end of his career. Side stepping everything.

1 Like

I think injuries are catching up to him. Looks like he’s lost a step, and is hesitant.

3 Likes

Where’s Quick Six?

3 Likes