Miami Beach Bowl moved to Frisco, Texas

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/855503405338550272

1 Like

That’s good for us DFW Coogs.

miserable bowl game with zero ties becomes even weaker
its not like we will EVER play there, thank GOD!

Don’t jinx it!

1 Like

EXACTLY!

Miami Beach Bowl of Texas?

3 Likes

Right! I said the same thing!

1 Like

SMU vs LaTech

Wow, I thought was going to be an Onion link.

I never really understood why the liberty bowl wasn’t played in philly.

Yea? :confused:

The city of Frisco, ESPN and FC Dallas officially announced the Frisco Bowl, with Toyota Stadium (capacity: 20,500 for football) as the site. The former Miami Beach Bowl will be played at 7 p.m. Dec. 20 and will air on ESPN, which will own and operate the game as one of its 14 bowls.

The game will include a team from the American Athletic Conference. ESPN vice president of events Clint Overby said the network was working with other “group of five” conferences on a possible agreement. A naming rights deal that would leave Frisco in the bowl name could be completed within a month, Overby said.

What a trash game. I’m typically not a huge ship the bowl game guy, but if this is our option I hope the team and coaches say, “We are above this game, if this is our option we don’t deserve a reward for the season.” I especially will skip going to this bowl, and just donate the budgeted money to the school.

Won’t happen, and we aren’t above any bowl game in this conference. Until we as a university and a conference perform better in bowl games, we don’t really get to refuse jack squat. Additionally, our conference was overloaded with east coast bowl games, especially considering that five of the six Western Conference teams are on the Mississippi or West of it. This evens things out a little bit.

As a side note, I actually think soccer specific stadiums (SSS) would work better for the majority of bowl games. Usually, they hold between 20k-25k, have all chair back seating, and nice suites. More often than not, they are located in major metropolitan areas. It would put less strain on traveling fan bases to support their school, and less strain on universities to sell an allotment of tickets.

2017 Season AAC Bowl Tie-ins
BBVA Compass Bowl, Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC
Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA
Miami Beach Bowl, Miami, Fla. – vs. Sun Belt (Now in Frisco)
Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West
Boca Raton Bowl, Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. Conference USA

4 Likes