Mid-Day, Week Days?

Who is it - in our Athletic Department - that has lost their minds? The first two games are scheduled in mid-afternoon of a WEEK DAY; su-r-r-r-e, that’ll work!

Logic and common sense tells me TV has made the game time decisions, not anyone in our athletic department . . . . .

3 Likes

TV Exposure + Inconvenient Game Times or No TV Exposure + convenient game times.

I wonder what we should pick!

1 Like

I will be ignoring my work responsibilities in order to watch. I know where my priorities lie.

1 Like

thanksgiving break…mid day game on holidays isnt uncommon

14 Likes

i’ll be there

1 Like

What the hell? We play on Black Friday. A common day off for many people in America. This is really what we are complaining about these days? With everything else going on?

9 Likes

I relish it, a return to normalcy, complaining about meaningless bs…we are making progress

8 Likes

Because this will not be a normal year
We are in Thanksgiving break
There is not a big push for bigger crowds
TV slots

1 Like

“What the hell? We play on Black Friday. A common day off for many people in America. This is really what we are complaining about these days? With everything else going on?”

LOL. We’re UH fans. It’s what we do .

1 Like

Well especially this year with limited capacity. Id say you should probably listen to the folks who are signing the bigger checks.

I think you’re going to see a lot of midday games in college basketball due to Covid unfortunately. Teams don’t want to stay overnight in a hotel more than necessary for a number of reasons (financial and health) so a day game gives them a chance to make an evening flight home. It really shouldn’t matter if a team is bussing to and from a game but for a team that is flying, it will make a difference. Plus with reduced seating capacity, athletic departments aren’t going to care much about day games vs night games.

It does seem odd though for TV purposes.

With DVRs and replay on demand on ESPN+, day games should be too much of a heartbreaker for those who didn’t get tickets.

If you’ve got tickets, it makes it a little harder to be there. But I work downtown, and I’ll plan a late, long lunch for this coming Weds.

4 Likes

Game times are important to some. My SO has to work until 2 Wednesday and 1 on Friday . . . . .