Mini package ticket sales setup is frustrating

Tried yesterday and tried again today. I don’t like that mini packages won’t show availability of each game and wants to select best seats for you. I keep getting the section next to the band. Was at the Lamar game and the band was awesome but also loud enough that I was leaning in to talk to my buddy with the band 3 sections away.

I’ll be calling the ticket office first thing tomorrow morning but know they will be busy with students claiming tickets as well. Anyone have tips for getting it to select a different section other than waiting for those seats to sell out?

FYI I do have a solution. When selecting games,it should pop up a choice between automated or manual and if you select manual, then let you select seats for each game one by one.

1 Like

Wouldn’t season tickets have solved your dilemma?

9 Likes

Yep season tix weren’t much more expensive than the 6 game package I live out of town but bought season tix anyway

4 Likes

You guys are right. People that plan to make 4 or 5 games a season but don’t know which ones they can or the others they go with can, should just bite the bullet and buy multiple season tickets for everyone they know.

You guys also have season tickets to football, women’s basketball, baseball, softball, etc? I salute you!

3 Likes

Just curious what you do with your tickets to games you can’t make. Do you give them to people that would otherwise buy tickets, leave the seats empty or put them on third party websites?

I live out of state and bought season tickets. I do a combination of the above.

3 Likes

Yeah. My point is really, if I had a post that said I bought season tickets and did any of the above, it would receive similar comments from tnose like coogrr72 and others. His comment is not a solution to the problem for most but will still get it’s share of likes.

Seems it’s all in or nothing and then people wonder why we don’t garner more support from the Houston community.

2 Likes

I’m going to make 10 of 16 home games, will try to list the other games on stub hub I guess, or give to friends in Houston possibly.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure some wouldn’t like what I do with them but I’m not losing any sleep over it. I’ll only be at a few games around the holidays.

2 Likes

It was more rhetorical. If I mentioned I put tickets on stubhub someone would reply “don’t use them if you can’t go so UH can sell more tickets.” If I said I bought tickets but can’t use them then the reply would be “you should find someone to use them or put them up for sale because we need more people in the seats.” If I said I bought them to contribute but can’t use them then I would get “you should just donate directly so the seats aren’t wasted.”

My original post is about an experience that can be greatly improved and could increase ticket sales without any additional cost by having the host program company (Paciolan) tailor the program to allow for the suggestion or find a new ticket program for future seasons.

4 Likes

Poor shaggy, always the victim and has been on the defensive for 20+ years. I wasn’t calling you out but thought you make most if not all of the games

BTW, I couldn’t care less about how many “likes” I get

rtcoog, I don’t know anyone who would question what you do with your tickets. It’s great that you buy season tix even though you’re unable to attend most games. BTW, if you want to put them to use just let me know - I’ve got lots of grandkids that love to go.

2 Likes

If people are wondering WHY the St Louis game is in a Sunday at 2 pm instead of a Saturday. I don’t know if it was planned, but the Texans play the Jets on Saturday at 3 pm.

To contribute to the derail, for yourself and others that attend 4-5 games and buy miniplans or individual seats, one other thing to factor in if you haven’t already is that if your CP giving level is $100 or more (I think almost any combination of football + basketball gets there automatically) you get a parking pass with season tickets. That gets the economics quite a bit closer.

I don’t want to shame anyone, but something to keep in mind for next season if you didn’t look at that aspect already.

1 Like

I have friends that are causal sports fans. (like the majority of sports fans in Houston) I go with different ones to different games depending on when I can and when they can. Sometimes go alone and sometimes up to 4 in the group. I don’t search for cheaper tickets on stubhub, if seats me and my friends like, are available from UH directly. That is the level of my support. Buying 4 season tickets for football, basketball and baseball every year because once in a full moon they all want to go is just not a level I’m interested in doing. I can afford to do it but it shouldn’t be something I have to do or anyone else just to get around the mini package snafu.

This isn’t just about me. I can go on stubhub right now and get better seats cheaper for LSU and Cincy. This is about something that pushes Houston fans more casual in support than I to use stubhub or just watch the game on TV without a worry in the world about UH financially or how the attendance looks on TV.

For the handful of games I don’t make, I give to friends, customers and employees

Yeah, I do lots of other stuff other sports. But, I also need my sports fix daily.

Btw, there are only a few seats available against LSU. 2 out of 3 games selling out to open the Fertitta Center ain’t bad.

I tried as well to buy mini plans and it’s a pain.

Yes. Ordered over the phone. Took a minute or two of rings to answer and then the rest was much easier.

i bought mini plan and it was a cinch. it assigns you the seats for each game i got 110 for most games and 104 for one. they were all good seats in my opinion. i am out of town for work so often that this makes sense for me and my wife. we went to opening night and she is pretty excited. won’t rule out season tix next year…just can’t use them all.