Missed the CFP

Wasn’t interested to begin with but it’s funny that I didn’t even get a whisper or tweet about it. It wasn’t even close. I’m glad i didn’t partake in that whole rip off.

Realized I missed it because they had a video of the mob in alabama and no one was wearing a mask and only 14 people got arrested for destruction of property out of 10s of thousands.

2 Likes

It was a strange year…typically i always toon out once the coogs start losing…but i had no idea that an Alabama WR won the heisman…and i didn’t even know Bama won the championship until after it was over. Once the coogs become out of the NY6 race…i just lose all interest.

1 Like

The Heisman kid over 200 yards in receiving and 3 touchdowns all in the first half. Pandemic or not Alabama football is in another planet.
And oh yeah, I didn’t watch the game either.
I watched hoops with Boise beating Wyoming

1 Like

I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1349133155446513665?s=20

15 Likes

Don’t care

1 Like

I checked the score a few times on ESPN to see if it was interesting. Didn’t watch one minute of the game. I absolutely love football, but this year doesn’t have the same feel without the fans. Not to mention, I’m bored to death watching the same teams in the playoffs

9 Likes

I don’t know if this is a one off COVID thing year or the result of people
getting fed up with the same 3 teams picked every year to play. I hope it’s the later
and the powers at espn realize they have severely damaged the excitement of the college game
by creating this “playoff” format, along with the foolish P5 - G5 break.

5 Likes

I didn’t watch a single second. Install a real 8 team playoff that rewards Conference champions instead of the Alabama + Clemson + Ohio State + rotating 4th team invitational and maybe I’ll start caring.

5 Likes

didn’t even know it was on but it sounds like it was a boring, non competitive game.

1 Like

If the NCAA wanted to, it could set up a true playoff like the FCS division. But, it is again ruled by the P5 guys who want to keep the bucks to themselves.

5 Likes

It wasn’t much, I cut it off at halftime

Watched until 2nd quarter. Alabama completely outclassed tOSU. Not even close.

I LOVE college football so watched good part of it. tOSU gave it all they had but losing their stud RB on first series and down 13 players, iirc, to covid really was out-manned. Bama is just a machine, NFLU, as my soon calls it. Saban has to retire sooner or later. CFP really needs to expand to 8 and think the pressure to do it is there.

1 Like

Didn’t watch any of it. Not interested in this Alabama invitational garbage. Hope that the increasingly lower & lower TV ratings will force big changes upon the current bogus system.

1 Like

It was fun watching those Alabama players, you guys missed a show. For those refusing to watch because the playoff only has 4 teams, so you would have watched if it was an 8 or 16 team playoff? Alabama was by far the best team and the chances of them slipping up were almost 0. Same with Ohio St and Clemson, one of them was going to be in the championship game. I’ve said it before, just like FCS its the dominate programs that cause the lack of parity, not the playoff size.

Do you love watching North Dakota St every year in the title game for FCS because they blew out two teams before the semis? You probably watched those blowouts start to finish too, right?

1 Like

I watched the first half because of the receiver. Otherwise the Alabama QB looked like an NFL standout.
On their first play all eleven players for Bama seemed to be quicker than their Ohio State opponent. The
all around speed of the Tide was decisive in a mismatch.

1 Like

No, a few dominate teams have emerged due to the marketing plans of ESPN, et al, which are focused upon - (1) a large disparity of prime time TV exposure for the P5/blue bloods, (2) an ongoing constant TV promotion and accolades lauded upon the top P5 conferences and their top programs, (3) a disproportionate TV revenue distribution provided to these P5 conferences/top programs, and (4) a small, closed year-end invitational system which further serves to perpetuate and build upon the status quo.

As a result, any & all top HS FB recruits are strongly coerced into considering playing only for the select few teams which will get most all of the attention and glory and money. So, it’s becoming more & more like the NFL light. And since I no longer enjoy watching the NFL, I simply don’t care to watch their ESPN self-promoted Triple A (P5) farm club system either.

3 Likes

It’s obvious now - even during a non P5 game they’ll spend a considerate amount of time pumping up the latest P5 game

The announcers they hire for the college football show are P5 folks. It’s like they don’t want no one to even talk about certain teams unless it’s their teams

2 Likes

Absolutely correct…the only non P5 guys I can think of with any minutes on ESPN are Andre and (?) can’t think of his name, but he was a Richmond Spider…
They pump P5 when broadcasting our games, and it is nauseating…

1 Like