Missouri falling on hard times are nostalgically looking back to

the good ole days in the Big12 …

Link …

Only their softball program looks solid … the other $$program$$ make Kmart basement sales look like Needless Markup errrr Neiman Marcus

Synder at KSU states Colorado and Nebraska are doing the same … nostalgia-wise …

1 Like

blah blah blah blah. reads like some old codger’s remembering the “good” old days but forgetting all the crap.

REGARDLESS …

Its not falling on deaf ears … OU/UT … who both TWICE backed out leaving to the west and are subjects of the Big12 haters that they will do so again.

Seems “all the crap” may not have been so bad … after all

Deaf ears? You have an old journalist waxing nostalgic. No one important is actually talking.

Well maybe not to you … but THAT IS OBVIOUS …

I didn’t write the article … just linking it … it wasn’t by someone who isn’t important talking or writing but by a veteran sports writer from a rag from one of the largest cities in Missouri …

The fools generally avoid me. The important people don’t.

Nebraska and Missouri found gold mines on their front porches when they moved to easily the two most lucrative conferences in college football. And remember Missouri twice played in the SEC Championship Game and went to major bowls those seasons, winning the Cotton ('13) and Citrus in ('14). Their problems have been more self-induced since then. Nebraska may never again be the power they were in the 90s, but it’s not as if they became Eastern Michigan after leaving the Big 12. They went to consecutive Capital One bowls (probably the best outside the big four in the BCS era) in '12 and '13 and the Gator and Holiday the following seasons. I can’t even imagine either school wanting to go back to the Big 12, though I wouldn’t be surprised if Mizzou preferred the Big 10 because of the academic patina.