More hydroxychloroquine debunking

Research from my undergrad school continues to refute its effectiveness.

3 Likes

Some people will not accept this information.

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Anything on oleandrin extract? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

it refutes it’s effectiveness as a preventative…and it’s been known for awhile it’s not good for severe cases…however, the focus of doctors prescribing HCQ is early in symptomatic cases where there are studies and anecdotal evidence that suggests it works.
even they admit it’s effectiveness is still under review for moderate cases

"“Our study shows, with a large degree of confidence, that HCQ is ineffective as a preventive antiviral in people with SLE and/or RA taking drugs that suppress their immune system, putting them at greater risk,” said Mendel Singer, lead author and associate professor and vice chair for education in the Department of Population & Quantitative Health Sciences at the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. emphasized text

Their study showed in 159 patients that HCQ was ineffective with patients with SLE (Lupus) and RA and taking drugs that supress the immune system (those are key words). But then it made a leap with saying it was ineffective in general. Not my field, but that seems to be a huge leap to be making since they all had Lupus or RA.

But where is the zinc and other things in the
witches brew ? Of course the spell will not work if
you don’t use the correct ingredients.

4 Likes

This is only relevant for people with lupus and RA… JFC!

It’s only effective if you take it at the onset of symptoms, or right when you come into contact with a known case… It says right in the story that they studied it because people with RA and lupus that take it daily weren’t coming down with COVID at the same clip as the rest of us… And that it’s not effective against medium-severe cases… Duh, we already know this.

1 Like

and yet people continue to use it in a specific regiment that helps people. Hydroxchloroquine used in combination with zinc and other medicines keeps on getting people past the worst effects. Frankly UHlaw whatever helps someone recover from cv-19 is fine with me.

2 Likes

Can anyone point me to the studies that show it is effective with zinc?

2 Likes

Exactly!

Is there something about Lupus that makes HCQ not work on COVID? Seems unlikely.

Anyway, this isn’t the only study that says HCQ isn’t effective.

1 Like

Read the story… That’s not what it says.

I see. So the other drugs make HCQ ineffective? Still doesn’t seem likely.

Given how the study was structured, one can make an educated extension that it is not effective in preventing COVID-19 in people without those conditions.

They’re only “substantial” finding is that you can still become infected with COVID while taking HCQ… They don’t mention whether you will get sick with symptoms after contracting COVID if you are taking HCQ… This is a poor experiment and an even worse conclusion drawn from the study.

That last educated extension at Harvard Medical was removed from the New England Journal of Medicine if I remember correctly…

If you’re over 70 stay home… Pretty simple.

Sedrick Williams ?

Pretty simple indeed.

Should we start naming deaths of outliers of every virus…?

At work, we had a 37 year old oil and gas contractor die of COVID. That’s not happening a lot but there is certainly risk.

If all we did was tell old people to stay home, we would get ourselves in trouble quickly. We certainly have to do more than that.

1 Like