My SDSU scouting report

This matchup is scary! Usually two 11 seeds beat 6 seeds each year. Hopefully we don’t end being one of them!

At this point of the season, we’re not going to do anything different than we’ve been doing.

We have to play our best in order to beat the best.

Bring on SDS and Michigan.

2 Likes

We finally broke our losing streak in the AAC tourney this year, so I think this team will be ready and prepared for a tough San Diego State team. The one thing I think is guaranteed is that the Coogs will play tough defense and will fight to the last second. I would dearly love to finally win a Dance contest after all these years…

4 Likes

Some of us are running out of time, huh Butch!

1 Like

Great game, Coogs. Heck of a finish.

Game played out pretty much how I thought it might. Turnovers and missed FTs killed SDSU, as did too much Rob Gray.

But as much as those were a factor, IMO, the single biggest factor contributing to SDSU’s loss was McDaniels’ early foul trouble. That put us in a hole we just couldn’t dig out of. McDaniels spent most of the first half on the bench after a strong start due to three quick fouls he picked up. Just as SDSU had no answer for Gray, UH had no answer for McDaniels. He was everywhere, scoring, defending, rebounding. The kid’s only a freshman. If he can put on 25 lbs. he could be a lottery pick. We’ll see.

Best of luck against Mich.

And maybe the schools can schedule a revenge match down the road.

8 Likes

Thanks again for stopping by. It was indeed a very good, gritty game. McDaniels is the real deal. Will be interesting to see him develop for sure.