Navy game at noon? Nope, it’s 11am

what we are going to have is an 11am game on Friday.

I’m going to be bringing my 90 year old grandfather, who is a Navy vet and lifelong Houston resident (so it’s win-win for him regardless of the outcome!). Does anyone have suggestions on a good place to sit? I’m trying to find easy access with as few stairs as possible.

1 Like

It is OK if it is a UHBB game !!

Although I have no doubt that ESPN and others would set them up even if the teams had games on the Saturdays on both sides of the Tuesday game.

Reality is …they don’t give a crap !

Hell…even the NFL teams are bitching about Thursday games.

It was stated the other day that the NFL gets $900 mil/year for the Thursday games from TV.

What do we get …about $1K.

Consider calling the Ticket office and explain your dilemma. They can help. If he’s in a wheelchair there are special area some close to shade in case it’s really warm. We take my wheelchair bound brother also a vet and he sits on the 200 level handicap area.

1 Like

Current forecast is a good one. Still need that sunscreen if you’re very fair like me.

Also, I’m sure AAC wants UCF vs USF at the best time slot.

All I heard was excuses for Miami’s constant poor attendance during the “game” they played against ND on Saturday. “Miami is a big event town and this is a big event,” directly came out of Herbstreit’s mouth and I’m pretty sure he has ripped our attendance before… Sure, our fans are fickle and they leave early when it’s hot, but we’re doing pretty damn good in my opinion and if we played Miami’s schedule TDECU would be sold out more often than not.

So we will never have a night game again. I am fine with it, tailgating is not as fun without the Pavilions.

No, we just deal with having night games when ESPN tells us to have night games.

When we played them in 2015 on black friday it was and 11:00 game and both teams were ranked and playing for western conference title

Price you pay to have televised games

You left out the part where it was on ABC. And the part where attendance was above listed capacity. 11 AM on ABC is a better timeslot than 7 PM on ESPNews or whatever we had for the Rice game.

Really does not matter to me. I will be there regardless. I would guess crowd would be no different with our record this year

The 2015 Navy game had attendance announced of 40,562. The following Saturday playing Temple for AAC championship and a NY6 game on the line we had announced attendance of 35,721. The weather was great for the championship game but having back to back 11:00 games on Saturday hurt attendance. I remember the CUSA championship game was on a Friday night in the Rob and game time temperature was near 35 or so. Still had a full house of 32K plus.

Not counting students, how many fans can be counted on to show up week after week no matter What?

Other reasons for the drop off in attendance from Navy to Temple was traveling with a week’s notice made a lot fewer Temple fans coming. Also, with the bigger fan base of Navy (other than Temple) and it being the day after Thanksgiving, just more people were available to come.

1 Like

Just take the good seats near the sweets, no one ever seems to use them

Main reason for the drop in attendance was that the ticket wasn’t included in season ticket packages and most season ticket holders and corporations that buy extra tickets for the entire season didn’t for that one game (and the freeloaders stayed home). Tickets were also sold via the conference and didn’t go on sale until Tuesday to allow for season ticket holders the option to buy; ticket prices also doubled and tons of folks were confused about how to purchase tickets. The tickets to the Navy game also sold out two weeks prior…which was prior to the UCONN loss which dampened some of the enthusiasm by the casual football goer. We were playing Temple in the CCG which wasn’t a marquee football opponent and certainly wasn’t going to draw extra fans; the game was also put on at the same time as the Texas-Baylor game which drew some fans away as well. Finally, CCG’s, other than the SEC and B1G, don’t sell out anymore. I think the PAC12 game that year in San Francisco only sold 50K tickets for a 70K+ seat stadium.

Yes, I know, excuses, and I agree, but we still don’t have the diehard fan base that we want. Students do provide hope as I remember seasons where 3 losses would cause us to draw less than 20k to Robertson.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/930262350548041728

1 Like

I wonder how many of those night games were on Thursday night.

2 Likes

6 Thursday and 2 Friday (7:30pm and 8:00pm)

2 Likes

i wouldn’t mind tanking them off your hands