NBA Free Agency

I think that’s not a smart thing to do because that won’t help us add a piece here or there next year. I think he’ll be traded within 6 months, honestly.

I wish the NBA was all about winning but the Rockets will try to play the young guys and get a very high pick again.

A piece “here and there” just gets them to the last lottery picks. It’s just todays NBA.

Maybe a great player demands a trade in 21-22 and his current team has literal leverage. Wall could be a part of it.

Time will tell.

Wall is too wash to be a part of the future. “Here & there” is what the Rox are doing this season for the rookies to get their feet wet. I think they’ll be competing sooner rather than later, tho.

Best option. Since the Rockets are going younger, Wall can provide veteran leadership.

Wall could be valuable with all the youngsters…he’s a good guy and a leader

1 Like

The NBA is all about winning. Its just that sometimes you have to play the long game. One perfectly timed tank job basically handed the Spurs as a dynasty.

2 Likes

When was the last time John Wall led a team to the playoffs ??? Look how bad historically the Wizards were. Only reason we traded for him was because we were offered a protected first and for the Rockets to get rid of Westbrook. I mean he can stay here but don’t be shocked if he is traded during the deadline. He ‘s not part of the future that’s all I’m sayin’.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacecityscoop.com/posts/houston-rockets-the-5-best-basketball-fits-in-a-john-wall-trade-01fc1apepw1y/amp

"The Rockets will have trouble finding Wall a new home because of his salary, but that doesn’t mean he can’t help a team on the court. These are the five best basketball fits for John Wall in 2021. "

" 2nd worst fit for John Wall: Houston Rockets
If you didn’t think that the Rockets should trade John Wall, hopefully, this will change your mind. The Rockets were the third-worst 3-point shooting team and the fourth-worst defensive team. Add in the fact that Kevin Porter Jr can handle a large playmaking load and John Wall isn’t a fit on your team."

#5 fit -Paul is back and #2 fit- Knicks used their space are out.

Kemba to New York… Thus killing any major window for Grimes to get significant minutes year 1

Also Grimes is 8… kembas career number is 8

I don’t understand what the Knicks are doing. They overpaid for Fournier and now signing Kemba who can’t stay healthy.

Well this is the Knicks we’re talking about so don’t expect the most brilliant plays. Maybe they think getting Kemba back in the Garden will have a fountain of youth type effect. He was brilliant there during the 2011 BE tournament.

Wait, was that really over 10 years ago now? WTF!?!

1 Like

Just a reminder that Chris Paul’s contract would have been off the books this offseason.

Meanwhile, we’re paying John Wall $40M a year. Gross.

1 Like