NBA lifts 'big middle finger to the NCAA' with move to secure top hoops prospects

…and a stupid title from thamel

1 Like

Yea. It’s the NBA collective bargaining agreement that precludes first-year players from entering the draft. The NCAA has nothing to do with that.

This the third high school player going to the G League. He’s getting $300K plus potential endorsement money.

According to Charania, Nix’s contract “is expected to be in the $300,000 range.” That would be slightly lower than the $500,000 deal Green received, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and Jonathan Givony. Todd can earn $250,000 from his G League salary, per Givony.

“Playing in [the] G League is basically getting me ready for the NBA draft,” Nix told Woike. “It’s just one step below the NBA.”

I wish I lived in a world where $300k was “slightly lower than” $500k.

4 Likes

As much as I have paid to train or be a part of teams I wish I lived in a world where can bank a measly 300K to stay in shape and play a sport.

Nobody has a problem with baseball players going pro right out of high school; I don’t see why basketball or football should be any different. Of course, there aren’t any 17 or 18 year old kids ready to play pro football.