NC State stepping up to the plate

ECU has had quite a bit of success over the years scheduling regional P5 teams.

Before anyone makes a “whipping boy” assumption.
Since 2014: (when ECU joined the AAC)
vs Virginia Tech 2-2
vs South Carolina 0-2
vs North Carolina 1-0
vs NC State 1-0
vs West Virginia 0-1

So it’s not about the P5 teams padding their schedule.

1 Like

ECU is actually 2-0 over UNC since joining the conference if you include this year. Add the totals and ECU is 5-5 against those “P5” teams. Pretty impressive coming from a below average team in our conference. #P6!!

2 Likes

Slightly off topic but I remember from our CUSA days that the State Legislature in West Virginia mandated that WVU play Marshall every year. I don’t know if that’s still the case but I was impressed with the support Marshall got from their legislators.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that the State legislator requires the schools to schedule each other. (NC State & NC). ECU has represented themselves well in the games.

1 Like

Maybe just maybe state legislature had something to do with a couple of games but you most certainly aren’t giving them credit for the add on game in the story or the Virginia Tech, South Carolina and West Virginia games I hope.

This is not required by the legislature. State and ECU have played each other for years. At least back to when Lou Holts coached at State. I believe we play them in the opener next year and there is a home and home after that as well. This worked out well for both schools this year since State lost a home game to Florence and ECU lost a road game. The ECU game last year at TDECU was the first time I’ve ever seen a sober ECTC fan at a game.