NCAA Basketball Scandal

https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns/status/912769968089034754
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/912793175324024832

I still remember reading Chip Brown over at the UT Scout site describe his conversation with someone close to UT Basketball. His source confirmed that they were going to pay Allen and his family the money to get him once they convinced Shaka Smart to play ball.

People can lie and stonewall the NCAA but not the FBI. This will get really ugly, this will be especially bad for UL. But Kentucky, Calipari and Nike might just put down the the celebratory champagne.

The bag men are small Time and thy will roll over. As it was posted, I have known how corrupt it all is but I am not quite ready to have the current pulled back but if it brings needed change so be it.

I just read the official NCAA response:

“We take these allegations seriously and look forward to fully cooperating and assisting the FBI in their investigation. However, we must complete our investigation into UNC for alleged academic fraud first. We would also like to announce severe sanctions against Baylor. Mary Hardin Baylor that is.”.

1 Like

Maybe this will be the start of an expanded minor league for players who are more interested in getting paid.

And of course the morally bankrupt Rick Pitino is in this up to his eyeballs. Hall of Famer while still coaching and being spattered with his programs’ dirt and yet Guy Lewis had to wait decades to be inducted and was too old to really revel in it. Yes, I’m still somewhat bitter. :unamused:

5 Likes

I hope so. Go to something like what baseball has where if you go to a four year school, you cant be drafted for 3 years; go to JUCO and you can’t be drafted for two; or you can be drafted immediately and spend a year in the minors.

NCAA should have never allowed the current one and done system.

The NCAA really has no say in the matter. It’s the NBA that determines draft eligibility guidelines.

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/status/913024353520013313

If this scandal casts as wide of a net as we think it would. I imagine it will be hard to find coaches that are untainted to replace those that are.

1 Like

I wonder who the FBI’s main target is. I can’t imagine their goal was to take down some assistants, a former agent, and a couple shoe company reps. Those assistant coaches will start singing pretty quick and the whole house of cards may fall.

1 Like

It will not surprise me to hear Larry Brown / SMU get caught in the net.

3 Likes

Saw that it was mentioned that Brown was after and almost hired the USC assistant that was named.

So the Dollar or Dollars is more important than countless rapes, countless children abused?
Both should get the death penalty. penn state is ranked fourth like nothing happened. Their initial sanction (slap on the wrist) was reduced to almost nothing and today it is business as usual.
baylor is allowed to even compete today. I don’t care if they lose every game they should have gotten the death penalty. North Carolina you might ask? Going on fifteen years where is the death penalty?
My message is not about morals or judging it is about hypocrisy to the highest order. This goes along what is going on with the NFL.
You want to have rules? Obey by them. You have a different rule between a check and a rape? Rewrite your rules accordingly. The ncca is corrupt to its core. They should get the death penalty. You wonder why people tune out? This is why. People are no dummies. Stop taking us for fools thinking that we/the public will digest the cool aid.

2 Likes

I think folks will flip and rat others out.

The question is where does it stop? Just with men’s basketball? No one is naive enough to think it doesn’t happen in football. Will it go into women’s basketball or baseball?

At the end of the day the NCAA worrying about what to do with UL will be the least of its problems.

1 Like

The NCAA is an organization that is there to keep amateurism in place while allowing its member institutions to make as much money as possible off those amateur athletes. Just that alone makes the entire system corrupt.

Maybe this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back and we get the full scale reform needed in the revenue sports. Doubtful, but there’s always a chance.

Where does UH sit in the current landscape of paying players?

Do we leave this situation unscathed?

Amen

Pitino goes down:

https://twitter.com/jeffgreer_cj/status/913075344806223874

Turned into a bidding war between UH and UT. And Texas won.

Their AD, Jurich, was fired too.