NCAA NET Ranking 2020-2021

We will have a high seed come March and then it’s madness in a bubble. Every game in Indianapolis. Limited fans but 64 teams all in one place. Hmmm I am having trouble with this one.

Just want to point out that we’re currently tied with Mizzou for the 2nd best record in quad 1 games at 4-1. Only Gonzaga has a better record at 4-0. We were 2-5 in such games last year.

5 Likes

Up to #7.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1346630061647142914?s=20

3 Likes

Houston Basketball

Predictions Update

Jan 7, 2021

•After beating Wichita St 70-63 yesterday, Houston is now projected to finish the regular season 24-3 (17-3 American).•The odds that the Cougars make the NCAA tournament are 99%, unchanged since yesterday.•We currently rank Houston as the #11 team in the country, and the #1 team in the American.•Next game: Sat, Jan 9 vs. #188 Tulane. Our power ratings give the Cougars a 97% chance to win.

Bracketology ProjectionsMake NCAA TournamentGet Automatic NCAA BidProjected Seed
(if Selected)99%54%3•Houston is a lock to make the NCAA tournament, regardless of whether they win the American tournament.•We project the Cougars with a 55% chance to make the Sweet Sixteen and a 14% chance to reach the Final Four.•Houston has a 3% chance to win the NCAA Tournament. That may not sound like much, but few teams even have this good of a chance.

More Houston Bracketology | Bracketology For All Teams

Regular Season Record ProjectionCurrent RecordProjection For Remaining GamesProjected
Final Record9-1

(4-1 American)

15-2

(13-2 American)

24-3

(17-3 American)

•The more precise final record expectation for Houston is 23.9 wins and 3.1 losses, slightly worse than the rounded projection above.•Based on our projections, the Cougars will most likely finish the regular season either 25-2 or 24-3.•Houston has a 14% chance to win all 17 of their remaining scheduled games.

More Houston Projections | Projections For All American Teams

American Tournament ProjectionsGet American #1 SeedProjected SeedWin American Tournament79%154%•The odds for Houston to earn the #1 seed in the American tournament are down 1% since yesterday.•The chance of Houston winning the American tournament has decreased by 2% since yesterday.

Full American Tournament Projections

Remaining Games & Win Odds

1 Like

It’s definitely disappointing specifically Memphis after all the fanfare Penny Hardaway has gotten. Cincy, you could almost explain a little…losing coach and graduating some key players.

1 Like

So, assuming the projection will be correct at 24-3, if you guys had to guess, who do you think our other 2 losses would be? Our toughest remaining conference games are both at home (SMU, Tulsa), so unless USF or Wichita can knock us off at their place, I don’t think we lose 2 more games. Maybe 1 on another off night like we had against Tulsa.

EDIT: We will have at least 6 and probably 7 losses by the end of the regular season (happy now, @Jesse22)

2 Likes

I think Wichita might take us down at their place if they keep playing as well as they did, but without the loud fans their we may pull it out

2 Likes

I could definitely see that happening. Wichita is a scrappy team that’s only going to get better as the year progresses. But we will too. Sampson teams always get better as the year goes on and the game at their place is the 2nd to last conference game of the year. On the downside though, that is the 2nd game of back to back road games with only 4 days in between. So not much rest and practice time. However, now that we have film on how WSU tried to handle us, I think we win pretty easily at their place.

At Wichita State definitely looks like the toughest game left on the schedule.

1 Like

Up to #5.

1 Like

Tulsa at home could be one. Their zone defense coupled with UH shots not falling at FC (like we saw last night in the first half) would be a bad combination. Not expecting a loss but I do have concerns until UH can find consistency in the offense.

1 Like

Same. I do expect the offense to get better though. Marcus still doesn’t look quite right yet and Tramon certainly doesn’t. I think Marcus will find his distance stroke again and Tramon will gain some confidence before we play Tulsa again. Without Mills, we need Mark’s ability to create (in addition to Marcus and Quentin) to bust that Tulsa zone.

1 Like

Pls delete Post! :upside_down_face::grin:

1 Like

Every game is on it’s own. Unexpected losses happen to every Team in every Sport. No carryover from game/game.

Guessing is fun, even when I turn out to be wrong almost all the time.

1 Like

That’s why i need YOU to go back and edit and say they will have 5-6 losses. Bc we know u will be wrong n then hopefully they end up w only 2-3 losses. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Drop to #8 and lost a Quad 1 win.

UCF dropped to #76 costing us a Q1 win smh

Long way to go…