NCAA NET Ranking 2020 Tracking

Coogs starting out at #68 with 0 Q1/Q2 wins so far. South Carolina was Q3.

South Carolina will be a Q2.

So right now we’re a bubble team. That seems accurate.

2 Likes

Bubble out at this point. Obviously plenty of season to work ourselves back in though.

1 Like

Yeah. We’d almost certainly not make the field if it was selected today. It would be huge if we can end up drawing Washington in this Hawaii tournament and get a win (and of course take care of business before then).

Until these guys have their moment of enlightenment, I’m nervous to play anyone with a pulse. It’s so frustrating because the talent is clearly there.

2 Likes

Jumped up to #51 after the win over UTEP.

4 Likes

We need to be top four in the AAC, and I think we will make it. Memphis, Cincy, and Wichita State all look like locks right now.

1 Like

Not sure Cincy is a lock for anything.

4 Likes

Yeah. We’re more of a lock than they are.

I feel pretty confident in saying that we have already beaten two tourney teams. UTEP is winning CUSA. One of Texas State or UT Arlington are winning the Sun Belt. Sweep our games in Hawaii and I will be very happy with our OOC performance.

2 Likes

There are no “locks” in December.

2 Likes

UTEP probably has the most talent in CUSA but they are far from a 100% lock to win their tourney (Western Kentucky is 7-3 with a win over Arkansas as 1 comparison point). It’s also far from a 100% lock that Texas State or UTA wins the Sun Belt tourney, especially considering that both are currently 0-1 in conference play!

And in any event, beating a tourney winner for an auto-bid only league is nice, but also not a huge resume builder. If we win the Hawaii tourney and notch a win over Washington that will be a solid OOC, though. That TJ Haws shot somehow going in is unfortunate.

1 Like

Tulane losing to Akron today doesn’t help the league. :pensive:

1 Like

The loss may not be that bad. Akron has lost only two games…@West Virginia (who is AP #25 now) and @Louisville (who was #2 at that time). Akron is a good team and probably not a bad 1 point loss for Tulane. Time will tell, though.

Wichita State looks very good.

3 Likes

USF up on Fla St 57-54 with 4:07 left

1 Like

Is USF on TV?

Correction FS2 if you have it