NCAA set to vote to allow 1 time transfers

Wondering if it’s just a 1 yr allowance or the new rule

I like it for football :football:.

Nice!

I see it as a positive for the kids, but not sure how schools like ours will make out. If you thought speculation about which P5 team your coach will be at next year was bad, wait until they put up the graphics of what P5 school your teams best players will be heading to next season.

Talk about never ending heartburn.

I think it will help the G5’s more bc the p5s already have top recruits then when they don’t get playing time, they can transfer to a g5 or lower p5.Plus dana likes transfers.

P5 schools will also be affected if their backups think they’re good enough to start somewhere else. No one goes unscathed. That just means there is more player movement.

2 Likes

I know it will roll both ways. I think the speculation will be the worst of it.

I think it will even the talent out. Teams like Alabama won’t be three deep.

The great thing about the game of football is that it doesn’t lie to you. You know when someone is better than you.

1 Like

This is going to become permanent although they may tweak it from year to year.

BINGO! Which is good for us. Now we just need the playoffs to expand to 8 with G5 guaranteed and we’re set. This will let players know they have a chance at a national championship.

2 Likes

better create a social cause from the players to start it

I wish you were 100% correct but the cartel won’t allow it. They might expand to eight teams but we won’t see a cfp with a G5 guaranteed.

1 Like

The very well could hold 1 spot for a g5 then the p5s get 7 sorta like what they do now for the bcs bowls with us or it could be the best g5 gets that eight spot like now.

I think the transfer thing will also work out well for us bc many times a top recruit wants the splash to go to OU or Bama then later once they mature and realize the splash is over , they can transfer to where they can play and make a huge diff. and their ego allows it bc they are making the diff at a non p5 like grimes and that UT rb we had the last few yrs. plus again it’s up Dana’s alley to get more transfers that are good.

The alternative is that the elite players from G5/lower level P5 might want to go play for OSU/Bama to compete for a NC.

You know, you might be right. ESPN is the one calling the shots on how the CFP operates and they want controversy to get more eyeballs on their sport analysts shows. What would be more controversial than leaving out an undefeated G5 that has beaten 2 P5s?

espn is “in bed” for all of the P5’s except…the PAC. Who is driving the bus? The P5’s do. In exchange they tell espn what to do.
Having a G5 into the cfp is a no brainer on the sport angle.
Having a G5 into the cfp is a no brainer on the financial side.
Who do you think is pulling the strings?

1 Like

I think ESPN is pulling the strings because they are the ones funding the CFP. The P5s are not going to bite the hand that feeds them especially when no other networks are not going to give them as much money as ESPN does for the CFP.

I agree with your G5 comments.