NCAA T&F Championships Friday (Coogs finish 3rd)

Have to give Tech credit. They’re deep and their guys showed up strong tonight.

3rd is nothing to be upset about. We’ll find the next guys and be back strong. This program is in great hands.

7 Likes

Tech discus thrower finishes 1st which clinches the title.

Congrats @VonEhrics…your guys took care of business.

4 Likes

Patrick, how good is Florida 4x400? Are they a top 3-5 relay this season?

1 Like

If you didn’t catch the piece by Duarte in this mornings paper, Carl’s last statement was that we would be better next year

3 Likes

They had the 7th best time of the 8 teams in the Finals

We’ll be much deeper. He also mentioned on the Pawdcast that we’re bringing in a top transfer.

2 Likes

By the way, looks like Igbokwe was DQ’d in the 400m. Guess he went out of his lane

So we lost 1 point? Now we must win the 4x400 and Florida finish last?

1 Like

No, it was already counted, just noticed.

He didn’t look great in that race. Hope he is good for this 4x400. Maybe it was just because he knew he ran out of his lane and didn’t finish hard.

1 Like

Saw JD put out georgia was 2 points behind us. Any chance?

1 Like

No, they’re out of athletes

Just rewatched the race, he might have gone out on the 3rd turn, hard to tell. Look like he eased up a lot at the end because he was going to finish 8th anyway.

And your guys took care of business during the 2019 indoor championships. Good luck in the 4x400!

3 Likes

Beat the Ags!

3 Likes

Good lord, Aggies!

Florida takes 2nd, Coogs 3rd. Coogs ran 3:00:07 which is nuts.

Florida finishes 2nd, Coogs finish 3rd overall.

3 Likes

I thought we would go around 3 flat. Sure didn’t think that would mean 3rd, lol.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1137192418300833792?s=21

4 Likes

Hard night for a few athletes, but an outstanding team effort this year. 3rd place in the nation is no slouch. Burn it up next year gang, Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Son and I went. Great experience. I was worried he’d get bored, but he was thoroughly engaged throughout. He wants to do every event, and is convinced he could set world records as a 9 year old.

Slightly disappointing finish, but you gotta take into account the amazing times being set in race after race. 9.86 in the 100m? 12.98 in the 110m hurdles? The Coogs were up against world class competition and held their own.

The 4x400 was great. Even though my son finally admitted that we were mathematically eliminated (despite numerous permutations and what-ifs) he was screaming at the top of his lungs “Go Obi! Go Obi! Go Obi!” for the last 250 meters of the race.

Truly memorable experience that I’ll enjoy for a lifetime.

11 Likes