NCAA West Prelims

2nd heat!

1 Like

I love being wrong! Too many years of being a Coog has me pre-conditioned sometimes to worry. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Should have just made it like a normal meet. Mix the women and men together and just run each event through with women then men like any other heat.

However, my guess is that the women would not have been happy getting that info that late in the day. Considering how much crap the NCAA has gotten lately due to their handling of women’s sports…that likely led to the decision.

Hopefully, Coogs will be Ok and still do well.

1 Like

Here’s the 4x100

https://twitter.com/uhcougartf/status/1398684594166243329?s=21

2 Likes

Got em.

1 Like

Men’s 110 hurdles. Let’s go!

1 Like

Dayo wins his heat, DJ has to wait after finishing 4th

1 Like

DJ falls out…bad luck with wind as it was heading at him during his heat but behind the runners in the other two.

Dayo through though with 3rd fastest time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m glad it wasn’t the other 13.79 that knocked him out because the wind was definitely the difference there. The 13.70 is debatable but not as heart breaking. At least DJ has two years of eligibility left.

1 Like

No luck for Booker and Sumler in their heat. 4 Coogs in the final heat.

Wind was against the 2 Coogs in Heat 2 after being with the runners in Heat 1. Strange.

Maswanganyi and Collins through to Oregon as they finish 1-2. Maswanganyi finishes 2nd overall, .04 behind the Oregon runner who had wind behind his back (this heat was 0.0).

Brown and Hamberlin finish 4th and 5th in their heat. The three qualifiers all make it from the first heat which had the wind at their back (+1.6)

1 Like

Just Shaun and Collins get through. A reminder that Brown is a freshman, Hamberlin, Booker, and Sumler are sophomores. At the least, great experience for them. And of course the 200 is coming up for Hamberlin, Booker, and Brown too.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/uhcougartf/status/1398704876604035080?s=21

2 Likes

Interesting, Michael Bluth running for BYU in Heat 1 of 400m.

And finishes 2nd

Valentine finishes 7th and will not qualify. Still have Holt in Heat 3.

1 Like

Holt finishes 5th in his heat and will not qualify. No Coogs through in the 400m. Have to wait now as 800m up next.

1:55pm and technically Heat 3 is when Jordan goes in the 400m hurdles.

Our 400m guys had tough races.

Great effort.

2 Likes

Those two can get ready for the 4x400 and have an extra chip on their shoulder. Btw, does anybody know what happened to Frederick Lewis? He is supposed to be our next 400 star but didn’t run indoors and only a couple meets outdoors with much slower times than normal. I am guessing an injury.

1 Like

I think he decided to redshirt…wasn’t mentally ready this season due to COVID and wanted to wait it out. Tried to comeback for outdoors, but wasn’t physically ready so decided to just wait it out.

2 Likes

Jeez, 6’7 hurdler. If a pro career doesn’t work out, he can try out to be an NFL TE.

2 Likes

Oh my, Jordan squeaks through as the last qualifier. Didn’t look like he had a great run but at least he’s through.

3 Likes