NCAA West Qualifiers - May 23-25 in Sacramento

Coach Lewis will be livid.

1 Like

Sadly, you’re probably right. Just lost at least 8 points.

That’s the first rule of relays; you can’t drop the stick. Sad thing is that it looks like it was Burke that let it slip through his hand on the transition. He was crushed afterwards and had to be helped off the track.

Hope he can get his mind right; still has the 200m later

1 Like

Naomi Taylor finishes 2nd in her heat at 13.23 and will move on to Austin. 3 women ended up falling during her race; luckily it was on the other side of the track and didn’t affect her.

1 Like

Absolutely hearbroken for those guys. Ruled the regular season and now a flub in the regionals. While a terrible outcome, let’s not let it distract from what these guys have accomplished over the last 4+ seasons.

2 Likes

Lattin runs a 13.56 and wins Heat 3 of the 110m hurdles to head to Austin. He was very happy about his race and equaled his season best.

He looked very good. I didn’t see him clip any hurdles.

1 Like

Agreed. Things happen and sometimes you just have a bad day. They’ll fix it and come back next year strong.

And, while this hurts our national title hunt, by no means are we done. Still have a lot of folks heading to Austin that should score points.

1 Like

Seymour runs a 23.51 in a very fast Heat 1 in the women’s 200m and finishes 7th so she won’t move on in this event.

Still, she advances in the 100m and the 4x100; as a freshman, that’s very impressive.

And the 23.51 is her PR. Will be fun to watch her develop.

1 Like

Definitely. Women are starting to build something with Seymour, Samuels, Taylor, Bethel, and Hawkins. Hopefully, those last two can get healthy for next year.

Btw, I assume Bethel and Hawkins are injured but I hadn’t seen anything on it.

1 Like

Hawkins is hurt. Bethel, I think is hurt, but they may have redshirted her this outdoor season to get another year out of her.

Looking back at the season, she was supposed to run at the Texas Relays, but she didn’t go in that race or any others this outdoor season.

1 Like

My gut tells me Burke is going to break his 200m PR.

1 Like

Or not, lol.

1 Like

Burke goes 20.58 to finish 3rd in the 200m and qualifies for Austin. Sumler finishes in 20.86 to finish 6th and is the last non-AQ with 2 heats to go.

In Heat 2, Alexander runs a 20.83 (5th) and Booker runs a 21.04 (7th). Alexander is now the last non-AQ as Sumler falls out.

Montgomery goes 20.35 to finish 2nd in his heat and makes it to Austin in another event. Alexander just gets knocked out.

2 of the 5 Coogs advance in the 200m for the Coogs.

Now the long wait until the men’s 4x400. Coogs are in the last Heat too which mean it’ll be close to midnight in Houston before they run.

Seems like they could have started the track events much earlier on a Saturday.

1 Like

Go Coogs!!!

1 Like

Good run. Even faster with Montgomery in there in 2 weeks.

1 Like