Nebraska being investigated

$20 million without cause.

To have video of said Infractions let’s us know this was from within the department to get Frost gone or possibly a disgruntled former staff member . Besides the previous AD stepping down out of the blue, a couple of other football staff have been let go in recent months

It was one of the analysts that got canned that is the snitch.

Posting a 12-20 record should qualify as cause.

These guaranteed contracts have gotten out of hand. Look at Scumlin at AZ - he basically phoned it in from the strip clubs and then said “PAY ME!”

I want to see a contract that says we’ll pay you $500k for each win!

1 Like

The power of the state of Nebraska.

I am sure they are worried.

When Senators get involved, the NCAA almost always relents. Ask Utah how they got into the PAC.

If I was dreaming, the Big 10 would grab UCF, Kansas, Memphis, and UH.

The NCAA does punish wrong doing. It takes the equipment guy’s
lunch money!

2 Likes

My God! They already want that guy out of there already! A fine example of the grass is not always greener on the other side! If dude had stayed at UCF he could have been a head coach there for life! Same could be said of Herman!

2 Likes

He was their QB. If he had passed on it, might not have gotten another chance. I get it. Not every coach gets to go to their school. But he had a nice setup at UCF, for sure, players on the field and in the pipeline.

“Since the Cornhuskers left the Big 12 for the Big Ten in 2011, they have posted a winning conference record just five times under three coaches, and haven’t landed a 5-star recruit”

Also
" The AAC has produced a number of Power 5 coaches. Many haven’t worked out: Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, and Chad Morris were fired. And Justin Fuente, Mike Norvell, and Scott Frost are feeling the heat."
(Geoff Collins also 6-16 at GT after leaving Temple but mostly understandable as they move from the option)

1 Like

Yale National Football Champions 1876, 1879, 1881, 1882

Nebraska National Football Champions 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997

1 Like

With Nebraska’s record, I would think the investigation would be over really quickly. Clearly, there can’t be any cheating going on. :wink:

4 Likes

Zero tolerance for cheating… And losing

1 Like

I have said it on here numerous times, the story of the hero returning home to coach their alma mater almost never works out.

Also, it’s not the 1990’s anymore and Nebraska is not a place most football players want to spend at least 3 years of their young lives.

I wish I could find a job that I could tend for 3-4 years, fail miserably, and walk away with $15-20,000,000.

2 Likes

Wasn’t one of the reasons the Huskers hated UT was because they made them get rid of their partial qualifiers once the Big 12 was made?

I don’t know all the detail specifics, but 97 would have been the time frame the earlier recruits from Big 8 would have been graduated out.

1 Like

Yeah for all the talk of the vaunted walk on program NU feasted on partial qualifiers and they were huge components of the teams.

Texas fight and won to get the numbers of partial qualifiers down severely.

This called their probable decline. From Jan 15, 1996.

“On Dec. 20 the Big 12 presidents voted unanimously to
limit each school to four partial qualifiers per year (two men,
two women) and no more than one in a single sport.
Non-qualifiers were excluded entirely.”

“In the Fiesta Bowl, Nebraska started four partial or
non-qualifiers…and two others,…played almost as much as the starters. According to Nebraska officials there were at least 12 partial or non-qualifiers in the program last fall. “Among elite schools Nebraska is a true haven for partial and non-qualifiers,” said the coach of another elite school.”

https://vault.si.com/vault/1996/01/15/headed-for-a-fall-nebraska-may-win-another-national-title-but-the-days-when-such-a-colossus-ruled-the-game-are-over

1 Like

https://247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-football-recruiting-Scott-Frost-Florida-signees-169706326/

1 Like