Nebraska Prez on "hot mic" caught saying B1G coming back this week

The PAC also has an air quality problem know. I can’t see them playing right now.

2 Likes

It’s just strange how there seem to be TWO schools of thought as to whether the virus can be mitigated while playing football, or not.

School #1: The “Rose Bowl” School

School #2: The “Cotton/Sugar/Orange/Fiesta Bowl” School

The B1G and PAC12 appear to be in the minority school of thought.

3 Likes

What?!? Life or death more important than football? That’s crazy talk!

2 Likes

Looks like he was right. B1G is back!! So much for all that talk about “student athlete safety”. A lot must have changed in the last 5 weeks.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1306214788889010178

The “Rose Bowl” coalition is apparently collapsing.

The PAC12 is now the Lone Ranger.

1 Like

More details from a reliable source.

1 Like

So now people can stop talking about a G5 team making the playoffs because now it absolutely will not happen.

3 Likes

I just find it hilarious that the Pac 12 just, doesn’t care.

Big 10 canceled and it was the end of the world. Protests outside the commissioner office, schools threatening to go rogue, etc…

Pac 12 - crickets…

3 Likes

Next week, all the G5 teams ranked now, will be pushed down into the lower 20s.
:rage:

1 Like

Im not as HS football participation is down in California over the past decade. A lot of the top recruits from the west coast are coming east to play in college as well.The people I know on the west coast could careless about college sports in general.

2 Likes

It’ll still suck not to see the annual USC v. Notre Dame game; that’s probably the oldest “intersectional” rivalry in college sports!

1 Like

Or worst Not Ranked…Bye Bye Akron Zips, the BIG10 couldn’t stand you being ranked. That goes for you too…Louisiana Lafayette.

2 Likes

My condolences to Dan Wolken, Christine Brennan, and everyone else over at USA Today.

1 Like

Oh my. Heavens!

1 Like

electrolytes!*

*It only makes sense if you’ve seen the movie.

1 Like

Wonder if BYU gets 1 or 2 games from the Big10?

1 Like

All of this shut down was based on a Doctor falsely claiming that due to COVID-19 players were likely going to suffer from cardiac related issues so it was unsafe to play. A few weeks later he walked back his comments. A few weeks later the BIG10 is back in business.
By the way it is important to know that each DIV I player goes through a pretty rigorous medical check up especially heart related areas. It is also important to note that athlete do die from undetected heart related issues. This has happened in all sports at an amateur and professional level.
If the BIG10 was concerned about the health of its players it should put in place a much stricter effort to call on dirty plays, dangerous tackles and chop blocks. All of the three mentioned keep happening every single weekend.
What happens when an athlete gets his knee blown up or gets his hips destroyed? He/she won’t be able to fully recover from it.

Yup. With any infection. COVID doesn’t change that. My best friend had his heart problem diagnosed because of this practice.

Unfortunately you always have cases that come up regardless of the battery of tests that the athlete goes through.

Our school invented an AC filter that stops COVID-19 from circulating into an HVAC system. I would love to know if our facilities have been equipped with it.
Does anyone know?