NET Changes

Yes that 2011 champ game was brutal but at least the Nova-UNC one came through as a classic the next time.

1 Like

I am with you. When the cinderellas bow out, I stop watching. If there is a final four with all blue bloods, I don’t bother. Last year it was interesting to watch because of Tech and the year before Loyola-Chicago.

2 Likes

There is no Power 5 in basketball
schools in non Power 5 conferences routinely hover at the top of the rankings and even win the Championship. This does not easily happen in Football. They usually rank quality non Power 5 teams in the back end of the top 25.

The Big East and American are regarded as quality basketball conferences.

I do understand there is no Power 5 in basketball but I do believe the Power 5 football conferences plus Big East is trying to consolidate their power and hoard more tournament money.

I also don’t think the AAC is considered a Power conference in basketball by all media outlets like they do P5 football. Until our conference has continuous Final Four members, the media is not going to let us join the club.

It was ESPN who started saying Power 5 and Group of 5. Those terms are not written in any official NCAA or CFP guidelines or rules.

2 Likes