New Alternate Uniforms

Are these alternates, or are they going to be the primary set?

1 Like

On instagram, the team is taking pictures with their main uniforms worn last year, so assuming they will wear last years uniform primarily

3 Likes

Last go rounds are always sad and bittersweet. Hope they get to cut down some nets at the end of this season!

1 Like

Look like WNBA font and too tight. :unamused:

1 Like

I hope it’s not the last go round for Fabian.

1 Like

Shorts are too short.

1 Like

John Stockton is laughing at this thread.

2 Likes

If y’all think these shorts are too short, I hope none of y’all catch a sight of what I wear jogging around the local parks

3 Likes

if you think the shorts are too short here are the 1972 unis

3 Likes

Not sure about the shorts
but that facial hair in the background is beyond awesome.

1 Like

That’s Jerry Bonney. Number 23 is Sweet Lou Dunbar. It appears the game was being played at Hofheinz so not sure why we were in our road unis

1 Like

That picture may have been taken at G. Rollie White Coliseum in College Station.

1 Like

We didn’t play at A$M in 1972. Look at the background, the low wall. It was Hofheinz. It must have been part of the Bluebonnet Classic or whatever the tourney we hosted was called that season.

1 Like

Yes, it was at Hofheinz. It was the championship game of the Bluebonnet Classic, and the Coogs won 114-85.

You guys who call the current shorts short weren’t around during the 50s and 60s when they wore “Marilyn Monroe’s.”

3 Likes

Correct I came along in the 70s grew up in the 80s watched Michigan change all the short shorts to below the knees long shorts with the Fab5 wolverines.90s
did not hit NBA until a few years later, Stockon and Malone still over their careers wore their short shorts.

I have noticed the shorts are creeping back up above the knees.

3 Likes

So, were those shorts so normal back then that they weren’t even considered “short shorts?” Or did you guys have conversations like this in the stands back then? I’m genuinely curious. lol

1 Like

Didn’t know any differently. Never talked about it

1 Like

Those are the definition of shorts. More recently, these long, baggy, girly, hang off your butt, drug culture looking pant/skirts are what still look so abnormal to me and likely most anyone over the age of 50.

1 Like