New AP top 25

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/LongFormArticle/College-football-preseason-AP-Top-25-rankings-Big-Ten-Pac-12-postponed-Alabama-Georgia-Florida-LSU-Clemson-150190715/?fbclid=IwAR1OPmXz5uqQuY5PstCMx2KKNG8Q-peB9HOjN7v6mWx3LGkiTiWmy9wyejs

On an exposure level and p6 validation level this season could be excellent for the american

6 Likes

3 top 25s that’s p6 to me

3 Likes

Or atleast p4 for this year.

the aac is a strong football conf as Phil steel mentioned. We’re in as as good spot as we can get for now getter stronger.

2 Likes

The selection committee has already said they will follow the same CFP standards which means the AAC will still be treated as a G5 which do not make the CFP.

3 Likes

ProAggie…longhorns and Aggies too high!

Yea, but they obviously can’t pick teams that aren’t playing. So, I guess it depends on who plays.

Correct, so the committee will select from the P3s. It will probably be 2 SEC, 1 B12 and 1 ACC.

b12 teams are playing 10 games this year. uT can go 3-7 and still be top 25, 5-5 and they will be top 10. 7-3 and they are in the playoffs.

4 Likes

Barf…

2 Likes

Aggy might go 4-6 this year without all their extra home games versus cupcakes.Texas is in the right spot.

3 Likes

I never knew how well the p5 push had worked until this situation. Not to say I was unaware of how people viewed the G5, but reading Twitter you would be unaware there are football conferences still wanting to play other than the sec, big 12-2, and acc. Even fcs fans tend to look at G5 schools more on par with themselves rather than the p5.

2 Likes

Sounds like the same rules as every year.

2 Likes

And eligible for the Alamo or Texas Bowls I th that 3-7 record. They will use the special rule of “not enough Bowl eligible P5 teams”!

1 Like

Barf
Barf
Barf

1 Like

ut top 10, didn’t see that coming … /s

Huh? I can’t believe you said that. They would have made them #1 if they had won one more game last year.
:wink:

1 Like