New CB Transfer Marcus Jones from Troy - May have to sit a year

True. Looks real athletic and fast.

Guy was an absolute STUD as a frosh corner for Troy and will immediately start for us!! Great job by new staff of lining up 2 top notch transfer CBs to come in next year an give us real help where we need it the most.

4 Likes

Who’s the other CB transfer?

Nice pickup!

Troy has faced (and beaten) some good teams the past few years so i’m sure the OK game won’t phase him too much.

Not really a transfer…JUCO signee DeMario Williams

https://twitter.com/MarcusJonesocho/status/1112036568175398918

1 Like

Well, Trevon Stewart is a very small guy, but he was one of the best cornerbacks we ever had! Size isn’t everything! If it is then all of the great cornerbacks in the NFL would be 6’3" tall or above!

2 Likes

Judging by his highlights all I can say is: Wow!

Yep! You can see the difference in mindset in Holgorsen than Applewhite and why one is a successful headcoach and the other is a failure!

1 Like

Williams and Jones at CB
Anderson and Sprewell at safeties.

And we have two transfer safeties from Oklahoma State and A&M already here. One of them also waiting on a waiver claim.

1 Like

Judging from the posts, I don’t get the sense that Coogfans fully appreciate the level of talent this young man brings to UH.

1. He’s an All-American at KO returner, scoring four TDs on KO returns while averaging nearly 30 yds per return. Think Tyron Carrier !!
  2. He can also contribute on offense as a receiver and RB.
  3. He was the 2017 Sun Belt Freshman of the Year.
  4. He’s the same height and weight as Tyrann Mathieu, who was a consensus All-Ameican at LSU and All Pro safety with the Arizona Cardinals.
  5. Troy has a great football program…a level of program no one wants to schedule.

Holy Moly…he’s a pot of gold that landed in our lap.

9 Likes

Definitely, hopefully that waiver comes through. Kid is a stud.

2 Likes

This also would hopefully take Stevenson off spec teams n he can fully concentrate on offensive side of the ball.

4 Likes

I meant no disrespect about their size. “Size of the heart” and all that.

2 Likes

Now, if one of Smith’s is ready to break out, that would be even better.

Something to look forward to.

1 Like

It’s not everyday that you get an ALL-AMERICAN transfer.

I sure hope that he can play right away!

Ugh.

Sorry.

I just saw that he has to sit out a year.

Bummer.

Still…it’s nice to have an ALL-AMERICAN transfer in!!!