New DC on Houston’s Radar

Really want DeRuyter but articles like this continue to appear. This one is a couple of days old. Between the two, I know which one I like.

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1083910002350456833?s=19

CAL BEARS

2 Likes

Really hope its DeRuyter. He’s elite as a DC.

2 Likes

Yep, and Case never really threw interceptions at UH. He would be MAJOR! (no pun intended)

Sle, that’s just the same old info using an old rumor/tweet as it’s foundation. Solid and on the ball reporting it is not,

No one is perfect. There’s going to be games where players are off or the other coach has made a perfect cut gem w in game changes. But Big D seems to be a fantastic DC

Joe Cauthen will be Dana Hologrsen’s defensive coordinator at Houston, sources told FootballScoop on Monday.

Cauthen joins the Houston staff from Arkansas State, where he has been the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for the past five seasons. The Red Wolves finished in the top five in scoring defense in the Sun Belt for the past four seasons, including a fourth-place finish in 2018.

Article also states Brian Early of Ark St will follow Cauthen as D-line coach. He was also Run Game coordinator for the Red Wolves

There are only 10 teams in the Sun Belt so this must be a fancy way to say middle of the pack.

1 Like

4 Likes

The town rag just posted this 40 minutes ago …

his bio from the ArkSt site …

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209370516

Cauthen is probably one of those diamonds in the rough flying under the radar for several years now …

2 Likes

Good stats

I like this quote here.
“He not only implemented an aggressive and attacking style in his first four seasons at A-State, but also transformed the Red Wolves into one of the most opportunistic defenses in the nation with a focus on creating turnovers.”

3 Likes

I hope we can afford his buyout. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hope our coaching search did not consist of a Google search. “Looking for Aggressive & attacking style defensive coordinator”
…“I’m feeling lucky” :computer_mouse:

4 Likes

Why are you reading the Chron if it’s so raggedy. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Uhhh … don’t get your pantyhose in a knot … it was the first and only source I found … raggedy or not …

besides …

it was stating a fact here … NOT propaganda for the horns or ags …