New Indoor practice facility video - Construction begins Friday, Nov 18th

Yes I agree that the notch was created for the view but if UH joins a P5 conference, it may give way to more seats. UH is spending so much on athletic facilities to attract top quality athletes and hoping in 4 or 5 years they will be invited to a P5 conference. During the Big 12 expansion sham, UH officials talked about adding seats to a maximum of 60,000. It may or may not happen and maybe the notched view will be there forever. :smiley:

It looks like most of the interior walls are up. I guess we are only waiting on the turf and doors now.

1 Like

Okay. Now that we’ve seen the interior, let’s all get ready to complain about the paint scheme.

2 Likes

I think the paint is fine, but the natural sunlight coming in is a problem. They should have designed it to have more come in. :grinning:

2 Likes

Speaking of natural lighting, will they be using grass or turf?

Turf, as it’s what is in the stadium. If they need to use grass, they have the outdoor practice field.

2 Likes

Since UH is playing Texas Tech this week I went to their site and saw their new SPC which is scheduled to be finished on October 4th. This is not just for FB but is larger with expensive exterior work complete with another TT bell tower.
What is the biggest difference I noticed is the FB section has an 80 yard practice field with a 40 yard line in the center. That SPC (Sports Performance Center) is not cheap at 48 million dollars but will also have an indoor track attached to it.

Question: Will the UH IPF be 80 yard or 100 yard?

I believe the UH IPC is 130 yds with endzones and over run area. It also has an additional 30 yd practice area to the side.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gregorbrown12/status/910611035723149312

1 Like

This is the basic floor plan of the IPF that shows a full football field plus 19’ pass each endzone though I did not see a room marked for restrooms. I guess they will bring in porta potties. :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

So the two TLT’s at I- 5 don’t stand for toilets?

1 Like

Ahhh . . . that makes sense. I’m not familiar with the architectural acronyms.

Me neither. Just looked for what would look like men’s and women’s bathrooms and then guessing what TLT stands for. They might not be bathrooms.

I see one change made to the IPF. The 12’ H x 20’ W Overhead Door was only put on the TDECU stadium end and not the other. I also wonder if the other exterior AC unit has arrived yet?
They have constructed a large metal water tank in the attached/future weight room side for the AC. This will be some cool building for the players to go inside in August and Sept.

I assume they will be putting the weight room in the new Football Operation Center along with the new locker room, team meeting rooms, coaches offices, players lounge, etc., which will be constructed after the IPF is completed.

Of course from experience, we know the design will change.

Wait…there is ONLY one 50 yard line !!

We have been cheated. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just to be clear though, the team will continue to practice outside in scattered showers as long as there is no lightning right? The main goal should be for safety and not playing on a soggy field that could cause injuries but practicing on wet grass/turf with a wet ball occasionally is a good thing right?

I wonder what the plans/timeline are for this post-Herman. I haven’t heard anything about it since the staff tweeted out that graphic last year.

It’s on hold for now as other projects have taken priority after Herman left.

If we win our conference this year with at least 10 wins, it may get prioritized again, imo.

1 Like