New Indoor practice facility video - Construction begins Friday, Nov 18th

Drone video of the project:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/alexradow/status/869216314736467968

Not sure how I feel about the color. It looked much better in red/white like the renderings had it. With that being said, the overall architecture is pretty nice for a practice facility. Still bummed about the view though.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarPride/status/869632503652503552

You wanted them to make it out of red and white metal? Let them finish building it first. As far as blocking the view to the skyline, aren’t we all hoping that in the next few years that part of the stadium is going to be filled in with seats anyway?

2 Likes

We only designed the whole stadium so that the donors who bought suites and loge boxes and club seats could enjoy that view. We commissioned a sun study. A wind study. We then turned the stadium orientation, and built a stadium with a gap.

And 3 years later, we rushed into building this IPF which blocks the view. Because Judas demanded it. Makes me want to vomit.

6 Likes

The “view” is overrated !

I go to watch the game.

4 Likes

Come on. The view was lame at best and I dare you to find more than 3 people who come to games to “enjoy” the view. Most people sit on the North side and in the end zones. What about them “enjoying” the view. Your complaint is stuff whining is made of. I can’t wait till they expand the West end zone to match the East. Now THAT looks stupid.

2 Likes

My group which consisted of 5 people chose our seats due to the skyline view. You will have to alter your dare…

Would have been cheaper to just sit on one of the upper floors at Moody Towers so you could see the view !

Every person I have brought to the games thought the view was a nice and unique touch, that it made the stadium special and not just another bowl.

A lot of people liked the view. I can assure that.

So was your group going to be upset when they expanded the stadium to 50k eventually?

Damn. Talk about first world problems. The new state of the art facility is going to block the view of some peeps.

4 Likes

The view was a Nice touch, but the IPF and FB ops will make the area match our tier 1 program. Win some you lose some. I agree that it was silly to design it that way only to take it away. :thinking: Maybe they found a problem with the soil on the other side. Or figured that the other side sill be dedicated to other sports in the future.

Bingo!

Strawman. The gap wasn’t going to close at 50K.

But since it doesn’t matter anymore, closing that gap in the 200 level is a cheap way to add 1000 seats. In fact, now if we ever build a football operations center in the West EZ, we need to do it right. Close the gap. Build the ops center. Build a level of EZ suites above the Ops Center.

4 Likes

The silly part was giving into a coach’s blackmail only to have him leave for his dream job and then hire a replacement that has the same dream. Either Applewhite struggles and becomes an expensive buyout or he has a good year and bolts for the next big opportunity. I wish we would either hire Coogs or just pay the big bucks so when a coach leaves, he leaves behind great recruiting classes as well.

You sound like a kid that had his candy taken away from him one too many times.

If you sit at the top of the 300 section on the Home side, you can still have “the view” !!z

1 Like