New Indoor practice facility video - Construction begins Friday, Nov 18th

Didn’t realize that’s was all corrugated tin on the outside, not really sure how I feel about that.

Might have to do with our new school colors. And you guys complained about old blue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Btu there is now no tailgating near the stadium. That is a huge mistake. When you have tailgaiting all around the stadium people who were just going to the game see it and feel the experience and want to be a part of it in the future. It helps grab and capture casual fans and turn them into rabid ones.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? They close all of Cullen Boulevard near the stadium on game days, and tailgating happens there - every game. Right next to the stadium!

2 Likes

The new parking plan is eliminating all the tailgating on the west side and the stuff that happens on Cullen can hardly be called tailgating. In fact not much happens actually on Cullen at all. They merely close it. The students have some fun near their entrance and sculpture and there is the Alumni Association party, but that is it. It is hardly an immersive environment.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t know if tailgating on the roof of the parking garage counts but it can still happen on the Scott side of the stadium? I don’t know.

“Didn’t realize that’s was all corrugated tin on the outside, not really sure how I feel about that”.
Did someone ask you? How much have you given?

Timelapse for the practice facility:

1 Like

Dang man, coogs are quick to snipe. He was just stating any opinion. I think for the money though the corrugated tin is the way to go.

2 Likes

I was really looking forward to walls of rich mahogany :house:

1 Like

I drove by this the other day, and it actually looks pretty nice. Compared to the warehouse-looking buildings other schools build, this one looks pretty modern.

With that being said, it’s disappointing to see Coogs here being so hostile to others just for expressing their opinion.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the community being on edge about others expressing opinions. Not sure whats its due to but I think we all need to take a breather when reading online posts. I’m guilty of that for sure, but I can’t blame anyone. It’s summer and we just want to see some football.

2 Likes

Think that’s just society today; everyone is on edge about everything. Football does need to get here fast.

2 Likes

If no one had a vested interest in the future success or lack thereof of the teams, you wouldn’t have fans that still show up when things go wrong, you would only have an audience that shows up when the value of the entertainment exceeds the cost of admission.

What kind of Zen shi§ is that??? lol just kidding lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had not seen this update on the facility. It’s not a huge deal, but the view of the skyline was something that was sold to donors in the planning phase and was fed to network commentators as a talking point during games. The school even assured donors that the view wouldn’t go away after the first stadium expansion. So much for all that. Again, not a huge deal, but it is a negative.

Seeing the RV lot being so far away is pretty shocking, but seems similar to other stadiums I have been across the country. But the reality is that tailgating in the stadium parking lot was something that was unique and fun. I hope that moving the RVs won’t change the atmosphere too much.

UH Football is changing. We will see what it turns into.

3 Likes

3 Likes

At first I believed it would bring our tailgate environment down. However, after some time I realized that they are centralizing the big tailgating scene. The RV’s, yellow, and blue lots are all in the same general area. Most people drive in on Cullen and Elgin so this IMO will be a sight to see. I can see it now, masses, Flags, everywhere! On the flip side will take away the sight from the folks coming in on the rail though since they will have to walk a long way. Can anyone share details on the shuttles?

https://twitter.com/UHCougarPride/status/882989438393102336