New League

The “Life is Short, Able to Drive to Every Away Game Conference”

The east coast to to far away. This conference will fill be fun for road trips without driving for 27 hours or flying. Lets enjoy life!

UH
Rice
Texas State
UTSA
SMU
Tulane
La Tech
Ulala
UNT
Tulsa
Memphis
USM

1 Like

That is not anything close to what Houston would want . You could just call it SunBelt Part 2.
No thanks!

16 Likes

No thank you. No big pay days, no big names, no reason for a network to pay decent bucks for a tv contract. Much better staying where we are if no p5 invites in the future.

9 Likes

and where the bucks from TV who would pay anything for that kind of Conf. 2 Steps back!

2 Likes

I respect the thought that went behind this in terms of having easy access to every possible game and a couple good trips.

But actual sports wise, blech. Why not just shutter the AD and save us the money on being completely irrelevant?

1 Like

boring

2 Likes

I dont need easy access…I need good programs in a nationally respected conference…Thats a league for Rice, not us…

6 Likes

You should be banned for even posting this garbage.

7 Likes

:grimacing::joy::joy:.

1 Like

I rather play NCCA Football on my Playstation then watch that crap.

5 Likes

@JohnnyCougar says that’s what I’m talking about! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hang in there and stay off the ledge folks, October 8th is around the corner.

4 Likes

Lucky he didn’t squeeze SHSU & SFA in there or it would have been a permanent Ban😁. Sorry but that’s some ugly stuff right there!

2 Likes

This is “Click Bait”.:angry:

2 Likes

How many conference titles could we win in that league? Cause it looked similar to the first gen CUSA conference that included Louisville and Cincinnati.

Add BYU, Air Force, and Army to the AAC and you have very strong conference with national appeal.

2 Likes

No thank you. I can’t approve most of those teams in there. Would not want to be in a worse G5 league than we are in bow. #cantbeserious

This would increase the AAC’s national television appeal but I would kind of hate for our defense to have the face the running attacks of Army, Navy & Air Force each and every year.

1 Like

Not really, first Generation CUSA had a true Bball Conference and Some good Football Teams (East Carolina was great then, Southern Miss as well). The proposed league presented here is TRASH!

2 Likes

Removing the 5 teams that are in the AAC, the following teams are what’s left. It would be nice to play one or two of them each year as an OOC game before we start conference play. Add a couple of P5 teams and we would have a respectful OOC slate. If we played two of them, we could have one at home and one on the road with home and home games with each. Since we seem destined to play Rice each year (which I don’t like); of the others, I really have no preference; but UTSA, Tex St, and Ulala are the easiest drives. I would prefer to stay out of the Metroplex, just don’t like the area.
Rice
Texas State
UTSA
La Tech
Ulala
UNT
USM