New SOH Uniforms for 21

I posted on Spirit of Houston but figured it goes here too.

https://twitter.com/SpiritofUH/status/1356042923016671235

15 Likes

I like it.

We should have one of the best bands in the land.

Huge improvement and hopefully no blue is added. The current uniforms looked so very outdated and just not the caliber of a world-class university.

2 Likes

Good look, yes the old ones were outdated for sure. These look clean and modern.

Meh.

1 Like

I like this look…image

18 Likes

I liked the Target Supercenter All Star Band uniforms

Looks great!! Love our band and hope they will be back on the field this Fall.

1 Like

Love it!

sleek.

Here’s a clean pic of the “old” one for comparison.

What’s funny is I was in the band before we had the current unis, the even older ones were atrocious and super hot at that

2 Likes

They look way better than the ones that the band wore during the Robertson Stadium days. Those were terrible.

1 Like

The ones I wore 89 - 90 were no where near as nice as the old ones.

Way too DCI/corps style for my tastes. Get rid of the tails and gauntlets with a more collegiate looking shako and we’d have a winner. Some spats would be nice as well.

This is what the band looked like during the Bill Moffit era
The Band Of Tomorrow Today.

Notice the strong tall athletic UH on the uniform compared to today’s short fat out of shape logo.

1 Like

Hopefully some BLUE TRIM is added to the uniform, since blue has been used as an accent color on our athletic uniforms at least from the mid 60’s. Check out the football and basketball uniforms from that time period-all had blue trim. Some blue in the PHI SLAMA JAMA uniforms didn’t seem to be a problem.
Alas, tradition seems to be a thing of the past.

1 Like

OldTimeCoog, we actually got those uniforms in 2001, the second year David Bertman was in charge. He had Bill Moffit come out a few times to work with us and build tradition, which was when this was taken.

This image is probably a bit closer to Moffit-era uniforms.

2 Likes

thanks. that was an undated photo and saw Moffit in it.

Brings back memories for this Coog. Proud Marching Band and Cougar Brass member 1974 through Spring 77. Indeed that was our band uniform

1 Like

XkcerMan-- As you probably know, the silver overlay could be taken off, and you were left with a red jacket that could be paired with a white shirt and tie. Also, notice the spats and black shoes. This look was a classic 1960s -70s era uniform that the more cutting edge bands wore at that time. If you marched the Bill Moffit style “Patterns of Motion”, you needed to have that uniform to complete the look.

I like the new uniform. I think it freshens up the look of the Spirit of Houston.